PDA

View Full Version : Some of My First Few Projects

shawnn82
08-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey Guys,
Here are a few projects I have made over the last couple months. They were a lot of fun.
The Two Barn signs were for a buddy of mine, his friend liked the design and wanted the same one for himself. As you can see, the miss bailey came out better than the copper sign. The copper sign was the first thing i ever cut. The eagle landin with the key was actually supposed to be a key holder where I would have 3 hooks mounted on the underside of the key. Never really got to finishing it because the paint job on my first attempt sucked and didn¡¦t really get a chance to finish it.
The Toucan bird house sign was a cool fun project. The customer lives on tucan court and wanted something different by using an image of the bird to represent the street name. I thought it was a good idea and its cutting on my bot rite now. Cant wait to see how it turns out.
Mom loved the mothers day gift. ļ
ļ (sorry you have to scroll sideways to see all the images, not sure how to fix that)
Thanks for looking!

tmerrill
08-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Shawn,

They look great!!! Excellent job on the finish.

For positioning the pictures vertically, after you upload a picture, put the cursor to the right side and hit Enter so the next one is on a new line. Hope that makes sense....

Tim

dlcw
08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Great job Shawn!!!!

I love the finish on the barn signs.

Don
www.diamondlakewoodworks.com (http://www.diamondlakewoodworks.com)

john_l
08-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Nice work.

jason_remillard
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Great work! What previous experience do you have with CNC or CAD?

Jason
www.remillardcustomwoods.com (http://www.remillardcustomwoods.com)

shawnn82
08-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I dont really have a lot of experience with CNC or CAD. I only read about what a CNC actually was late last year.
Got my shopbot buddy 32" in Jan and have been lovin it since. Only wish i had gotten a bigger one.
In another two years im hopin to get me a laser engraver and by that time am hopin i will have gained enough experience to launch my very own LLC.
Learned lots through just reading this forum..you guys are great!