PDA

View Full Version : Plenum cutting file??

myxpykalix
08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I haven't got my bot yet but want to incorporate a vacumn hold down system and have been reading all the posts I can. I asked at shopbot if the file was available for the cutting pattern for the plenum but I can't find it anywhere, does anyone have the file or the link to it? I imagine that will be the first thing i cut with the bot! Also if there are any instructions on glueing up or parts list for the pvc pipe? Thanks!!

kerrazy
08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Check out ShopBot's documentation available on line, it will explain most of your questions.
Dale

dhunt
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
If you already have Shopbot control software v.3.4 installed on your PC,
simply go to..

My Computer -->>C(drive) -->>SbParts(folder) -->>Vacuum(folder

and you'll see five files in there,
offering options for whichever configuration of vac.board you need for your system.
Hope this helps.

And..yes, it will be the very first thing you cut with your new Shopbot!

dhunt
08-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Regarding the PVC plumbing under the table
(great fun working in cramped condition, you'll love it!)
I suggest you do MUCH fitting before any final glueing! - because one particular bit allows you one chance only to get it right,
with just a few secs. before the glue sets up reeaall tight!
- you'll see..

It would help lots to have someone who's got experience working with PVC jointing, to help you
- like A PLUMBER, or the guy next door,who's done lots of it!
But if you're the resourceful handyman DIY type, you can quite likely do it yourself.
Just remember, do lotsa fitting and have that final 90 degree bit spot on, before glueing.

myxpykalix
08-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Listen..having rental property I have had to be my own carpenter, electrician, plumber, ect so I have PLENTY experience! lol I couldn't find anything online for documentation so if you have a link or suggestion where it might be that would be great. David.. I will look in the shopbot control software.....Thanks guys