PDA

View Full Version : ReddyHeater problems

myxpykalix
01-17-2009, 06:38 PM
I have a ReddyHeater 170T and I can find my manuals for every tool i own, and some I no longer, except for the one for my ReddyHeater.

It started messing up today where it would run for a few seconds or minute then act like it ran out of fuel. It has plenty in the tank. I think maybe the fuel might have frozen in the lines somewhere (been extremely cold last few days) or
some air or fuel filter is clogged. I couldn't find any online owners manual. Has anyone got one of these type heatwers and experienced the same issues and what was the fix? Or if you have a manual and could copy the page for fuel/air filter replacement? Thanks!

jerry_stanek
01-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I think you can contact Desa products in Bowling Green KY and have them send you a copy of the instructions. I have worked with their sale department and they are very willing to help customers out.

myxpykalix
01-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks Jerry. They look like a distributor for reddyheater but don't have any manuals or info online for that line. It's funny that i click on their link for reddy heat (www.reddyheat.com (http://www.reddyheat.com)) and just a blank page comes up. Same thing for the links i get on a google search. I will try giving them a call monday unless i find a parts manual online. I'm just trying to figure out (without tearing this thing apart unnecessarily)
where the fuel and air filters are to try to check and replace them to see if that is my problem. thanks for your help.

angus_hines
01-18-2009, 11:34 AM
JAck sounds like a bad regulator. Take one off your grill or something similar and try that.

myxpykalix
01-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks Angus but you can't do that with this model. The one thing i love about this sucker is that it takes about 5 minutes to bring the temp up to 55 degrees and on the coldest days i'm working in a Tshirt in there.

angus_hines
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh I see now its Kero fired not Gas Fired...I love my gas model to for the same reasons in 10 minutes it runs me out of the shop.

Have you tried something like Startron fuel additive. Kero gels in cold weather so it may just be to thick for it to pick up from the tank.

srwtlc
01-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think that one of those would have done it for me the other morning!

We had -40ºF!

myxpykalix
01-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I had another smaller propane heater that i started up and let the warm air heat up the heater (not too close) and it started up after that. Like Angus said the fuel must have gotten thick. All is toasty warm now...

jim_hansen
01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I had a start then shut off problem with a kero heater I have and was able to by pass the photo eye (not recomended) and determined it faulty so I ordered a new eye. It came in today have not got around to installing it yet as I borrowed a frends heater which works great. The fuel is picked up by a venturi with about 3psi generated by the pump at the back of the heater, there is an air filter there clean that also. Jim

gene
01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
-40 I would use my bot to make a for sale sign and move where its warmer . I thought 18 F was cold