PDA

View Full Version : Do they make a melamine coated plywood?

orftm1
01-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I am trying to find a coated plywood either melamine or another durable, easily cleanable surface that is white in color. I need the strength offered by the plywood and the client would like a finish similar to melamine. The project will be taken apart, crated and shipped. I would prefer not to laminate it with PLam if possible.

Brady Watson
01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Tony,
They make melamine coated cabinet grade birch plywood. I get mine from Fessenden Hall. You will want to contact your local cabinet sheet supplier...point is, it exists...

-B

orftm1
01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Brady,

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the help and advice you offer on here it is invaluable.

Thanks again!

Tony

terryd
01-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Tony,
Another source is Boulter Plywood @ www.boulterplywood.com (http://www.boulterplywood.com). Good stuff but make sure your sitting down when getting a price..

Terry

bleeth
01-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Tony: Most suppliers of cabinet grade plys also carry plywood with white liner suitable for the interior of cabinets that need to be plywood. I have not found it terrifically expensive. Another alternative is to contact the nearest suppliers of the major laminates (formica, wilsonart, etc.) and very often they have in house arrangements with someone who presses laminate on any selected substrate for you. I have often found that having them do it for you costs less than buying the products and doing it yourself, particularly when doing quantity.