PDA

View Full Version : Cut file help

paul60
04-02-2007, 07:37 AM
I have made a file with 3 diff designs on it all 3 designs have diff depth of cuts (but with same size of cutter ) how can i set this up so i can run this file as one file?
want to save having to run each file indenpendlty.
thanks

ed_lang
04-02-2007, 08:25 AM
What software are you using?

You can save multiple toolpaths into one file with Part Wizard and V-CarvePRO.

V-CarvePRO you check the box "output all visiable toolpaths to one file"

Part Wizard you have a save toolpath box that will show your toolpaths. You will select the toolpath on the Left and move it to the Right with the arrow in the middle. You can also control the order in which they cut by making them in the order from top to bottom you want them to cut.

If you are using another software package, please post it and I am sure someone will be along shortly and help.

ed

paco
04-02-2007, 08:28 AM
One way is to put all file in the same folder and create a MAIN or MASTER file to call up the subs.

Assuming your subs are already working as intended when run seperately, the MAIN one would look like this:

FP, file_number_1.sbp

FP, file_number_2.sbp

FP, file_number_3.sbp

Run the MAIN in preview first as always. Make sure it's doing what you want. You may want to set some more code for specific application (like comments at the beginning or JH at the end) but the above is a start.

Does that help?

paul60
04-02-2007, 08:31 AM
thanks for your help
i use vcarve pro for toolpaths

jsfrost
04-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Paco,

I have done similar but with (from memory) 5 commas, as shown in the documentation.

FP,,,,,file_number_1...

Are the commas not needed?

paco
04-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Only if yo want to change from the default settings. .. which I rarely do.
FP, my_file.sbpThis is like openning a file to run and changing nothing in the fill-in sheet. I know some people nest parts in this fashion with 2D offset; in this case, it would beFP, my_file.sbp,,,,,2If the file is somewhere else in another folder then you need to set the full path to itFP, c:\a_folder\another_folder\my_file.sbp,,,,,2