Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FlexCabs: the saga continues

Default FlexCabs: the saga continues

I feel that Patrick should have every opportunity to answer for himself and would ask that he do so here for all of us. I was really a believer in the software. I have been very patient in waiting for this sofware to be developed. I like to see constant communication and weekly updates in the software. Activity with regards to the software development seems to have stopped. As of today we do not have what was promised.

Therefore please be advised that for the following reasons;
    1. Inactivity on your behalf with regards to the development of the promised software,
    2. No communication or updates for the last few weeks
    3. No functioning software
    4. A sales site that is still operating

I will commence a police investigation into your activities.

Should you wish to prevent this action you must contact, and speak with me by phone at 613-290-2237 before August 4th at 5:00 pm EDT.

Thank you

Dave Skinner

Thanks Dave for taking this action . It is improtant for future efforts of this kind (hardware or software) that people understand the commitments they are making and what is expected of them when they enter the vendor arena . I have taken the action of informing my credit card company of the fraud that has transpired and they have recovered my funds subject to a 45 day waiting period where Patrick can respond to prove us all wrong on his intentions as demonstrated of late .

Thanks to another botter for the suggestion of using the credit card company's to report the fraud as they take immediate action that none of us can do on our own .

Bill

Why doesnt someone just google him and give him a call?

He may just be busy

Send me the # I'll do it

Danny , Dave has done that already . He called every Toomey in Kissimee and could not locate him . The number he publishes on his website is no longer answered .

I must admit I scratch my head why many folks on this forum want to give this guy a break 'cause it's hard' !! You don't ask money for something , not deliver and then stop communicating and then ask for forgiveness . The only excuse we who paid for this are willing to accept is that he is in hospital but even then he should have a friend who can communicate with his users .

I started this thread for the reason that he turned off his forum and his answering machine in the same day and has not been heard from since . Surely it is not up to his customers to 'find' him . He has been reported to the police and the internet fraud investigators ... enough said .

I know I shouldn't stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but at what stage was the development when the author went AWOL?

If there was actually something working, and if restitution of funds is not possible, a wild idea would be to explore whether those possibly defrauded could demand ownership of the code base, in that case at least something might be salvaged.

I'll shut up now.

What bothers me the most is that his website is up and he is still coaxing more people to buy and no intention of delivering a product. Now thats BAD.

I agree with Henrik. Those who've paid 'advance' money should have first rights to the source code. But, if several of you gain ownership of the source code, what will you do then? If anyone of you is capable of writing code that does what Patrick promised you, why would you have sent money to Patrick in the first place? Would that transfer of ownership include a non-compete clause to prohibit Patrick from offering a completed version of the software if and when he ever delivers a product? What kind of a judge would allow that?

Is the court system in Patrick's area willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars to pursue the case? Even up here in Utah where most homes still cost less than $500,000, and most households still make less than $75,000 a year, a little case like this would never make it to court. Prosecutors cost money. Investigation costs money. Judges and courts cost money. Somewhere there has to be a pile of money sitting around to be confiscated to pay the bills of all the legal eagles before 'justice' will be pursued.

How about doing the noble thing and just let it go?

noble-Having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity, or honor

I like how the character of the people who got screwed is what's being questioned here. Weak.

John

I've stayed out of this because "I don't have a dog in this fight" (unlike Micheal Vick), and don't have a need to make cabinets but I found this link somewhere (maybe here) and someone who has an interest to follow it up. It sounds like free lance code writers. Maybe they can take what you have and run with it, i have no clue. But i thought it might help:
    http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp
    I'll leave you with this: Novus Ordo Seclorum

How many of us "investors" are out there? 10, 50, 150? At 299.00 a pop, that's a lot of money there. I wonder when a missed due date becomes fraud or does it ever? Any lawyer turned shopbotters out there? Fraud is kinda interesting. What a lot of criminals don't know is that the corporate "veil" does not protect principals or officers of a company when fraud is proven. All in all, I hope that the software is developed and everyone can be satisfied. I guess only time will tell.