Thread: Some signs

Default Some signs

Here's a few pictures of some of the signs I've been working on recently...

This one was a present for a friend's wife. She loved it and they are having someone local paint it for them, as he didn't give me enough time to finish it before Christmas.

27153.jpg

This one is a clock for a friend of mine who is a big Jimmy Buffet fan. His last name is Beverage...hence the "Beverageville" It is a working clock...looks like it's about 8 after 5. LOL!

27154.jpg

This is a sign for someone who makes outdoor furniture, specializing in adirondack's.

27155.jpg

This is a job that's in paint now, so I'll post more pics when it's done, but here is the raw sign. I'm doing 2 of these.

27156.jpg

More to follow...

Here's a sign for the shop. I played with some different texture effects to get a somewhat sandblasted background and texturing on the letters. I've got several different views for you unfinished and finished.

27163.jpg

27164.jpg

27165.jpg

27166.jpg

This isn't a sign, but I thought I'd show it anyway. I built the coffee cabinet from project wizard, and added this top piece to keep all my bits nice and organized.

27167.jpg

That's it for now...I'm having way too much fun with this stuff!!!

Justin

Nice. What material are these made from?

Beautiful work Justin! Please give us more details on material, painting technique, ect. It seems as many sign painters here there are just as many different painting techniques. I'm amazed at how you guys can paint different colors without bleeding and they look so good. Great work!

Thanks guys! These signs are made from mdf and extira for the exterior ones. This stuff carves beautifully!

As far as painting goes, I am, by no means, a great painter. What I do with most of my stuff is to prime the entire thing, then paint the whole sign with the background color. Then I just hand paint the rest of the colors. It takes a while, because of the drying time, but I've come to really enjoy the process. I use Porter Acrishield Acrylic Latex paints, in satin finish. (thanks Raymond Chapman)

Let me know any other questions. Thanks again!

Justin