Thread: Another newby asking for help

Default Another newby asking for help

I have been following these posts for a while now and have been really impressed with the way you help each other. I hope down the road , I will have the answers for others. Resently I bought a 2009, 96X60 PSR alpha with a 2hp single phase spindle. It came with Aspire v2 and Partworks. It also came with 2 new Fien vacumes. I have several questions that i'm hoping to get help with. On the software, is there anything that Partworks can do that Aspire can't? Or should I install and use both.
    I am planning to set up a vacumetable. I saw an article a while back that covered the proccess they used with pictures and details. I believe they set up with 5 zones (one was 12"x the length of the machine), to use for lumber etc.. I have been trying to locate that info and can't find it. I'm hoping someone can direct me to it or maybe have a better idea. I would like to have the option of using a vacume table or a clamp system.
    I was also hoping to get some input on the recomended size of the wood table(96x60 or ?). I don't know if there are reasons to make it bigger for clamping or something else.
    Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Mike

There is nothing that PartWorks can do that Aspire can't. If you have Aspire installed then you don't need PartWorks unless you want to save files in that format for other people.

Hi Mike,

If you haven't done it yet, I recommend you contact Vectric to inquire about transferring the Aspire license into your name. Their email is:

support(at)vectric(dot)com

If you want to do the same with Partworks, you would contact ShopBot with the same request.

Tim