Thread: 3d mascot help

Default 3d mascot help

My class making a new podium for the school and would like to do more than put a v-carved mascot on. Would someone be willing to help bring some 3-dimensional life to our Trojan head mascot?
    I have attached a image file but also have it in illustrator that is too big to upload. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike Naughton
    Cary-Grove High School
    mnaughton at d155 dot org

trojan1 copy.jpg

How about something like this?

Trojan Mascot (3d-Carve Preview).jpg

John,

Nice rendering job.

Quote Originally Posted by jdervin View Post
    How about something like this?

Trojan Mascot (3d-Carve Preview).jpg
    That looks good John! Is it in a format that we can use in Partsworks 3D?

Unfortunately, I don't have Partworks 3d. It's currently an ArtCAM model (and was done as a mockup, so it would need improving). I could export it as a .stl file, which I think can be imported in Partworks 3d.

How do you plan on using it with your students?

We can import the stl into partworks 3d. We are making a podium/lectern for the school to use at awards ceremonies and graduation.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,

I was thinking you wanted a fully 3D image (lifelike face, rounded helmet, etc.). I'd be willing to put one together in Aspire for you if you can send me your drawings. It will take longer to carve in 3D but I think it would be time well-spent. Plus, you could re-purpose it for plaques or signage for around the school. My email is in my profile...

Mike

Thank you very much for your offer. The only email I found was the one that started with info@ and I can not seem to get a message through. Could you send me an email to mnaughton at d155 dot org?
    Thanks Again,
    Mike Naughton

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacg View Post
    Mike,

I was thinking you wanted a fully 3D image (lifelike face, rounded helmet, etc.). I'd be willing to put one together in Aspire for you if you can send me your drawings.

Mike
    I agree that this sounds like a great idea. I'm hoping that when you've got the file drawn, you'll post a preview here.

Can anyone do for the Gators what you did for Mike and the Tojans? We are hoping someone can help us by transforming our newly commissioned gator logo into a 3D stl file that we could take into PartWorks. My students are working on some signage for the high school and and a 3D gator would look impressive (and earn us some major brownie points!)

All we need is the gator head as shown on the right. I included the full logo just to get the big picture. I have the image in jpg and eps format.
    Attached Images Attached Images