Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm loosing it...

Currently, I'm running what I believe to be the latest control board and card. The USB cable, provided by SB is connected directly into the control card; no serial apater.

The control computer is a rebuild of myself. The motherboard is an ASUS. I get a very good reading (~72-75%) on the communication speed test.

PCI USB adapter, I'm wiling to give that a try. Does price matter much for the piece of hardware? They go from $10 to $75... Something like that would work?

Ground testing... well you know how it is; it can seem to be very good but then... it's electronics... when it test good, what's next to seek for about grounding?!

It is more the external HUB than it is the card Paco. Both wouldn't hurt though.

FWIW, I used one of the current v204 cards and could only get 70% speed with it.

I went back to what they called the "old world" interface board and I stay over 80% connection speed. Usually 87

I am tempted to upgrade my prs to an alpha, but I just don't want to deal with the connection troubles that seem to come with them.

I don't remember if your on a 4g or an alpha, but if it is 4g, the old card connects better on my pc's.

Kenneth
    Kenneth

Is this a good example of the type of usb hub that everyone suggests to add between the bot and computer? Is it still a good idea to plug the hub into its own PCI card?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26...ract_desc=null

Brad, i think that one really should work, but shopbot recommended the "io gear" brand.

Having it's own card should be best, but you can do the connection speed test and see where you are at.

Kenneth
    Kenneth