Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canucks camp Eh!! in Ottawa Canada

Default 6 weeks to camp!!!!

Well we've got some replies, but I know that there are more of you out there. Getting Bill accross the border is going to be worth it, so let us know if you're coming.

My shop has a PRT 4896 2003 vintage. We cut melamine cabinet parts and closet components. We have a dual Fein hold down sysytem. If it needs to get cut out of a 4x8 we are the guys.

We will be fortunate to have some very clever sign guys from nearby in attendance as well as some owners of new machines.

I am very confident that the knowledge level wll be impressive and everyone will be able to learn alot and share all kinds of good stuff.

Bring you knowledge, questions,show and tell items,and enthusiasm. This will be the best camp in Canada this year!!!!

Default Camp for Canucks for Two

Dave,

I confirmed back a few months ago for myself and my son but just to be sure, please keep us on the list. Thanks much.

Gerry Vowles, Belleville, ON
    Steve Vowles, Belleville, ON

Default MAn I want to be there

Hey Guys. Man I want to be at this camp but we are camping (RV) that weekend. Dave, is this a one day camp? If so we are camping close to home and perhaps I can still attend and return back to the campground Saturday evening. That is if we get our trailer back from the dealer....it is out for warranty repair as the frame is sagging. Don't ask me how they can fix it and they are sure screwing around with getting it fixed or ???? Anyway if I can make this work I will be there. If I end up coming alone perhaps someone wants to share the ride. I will probably be getting on the 401 at Brighton. DO you need to bring laptops for any software stuff or no?

Also I sandblast etch on glass mugs and would be more than happy to make up some mugs or beer glasses with the shopbot logo and Canadian camp on them. Even if I don't end up coming I can send them with Gerald. I would only ask for the cost of the mug which would be less than $3. I think we should definitely have one for Bill for coming up. Anyone interested?

I will be there as well.

It is just one day?

RIB

Default One day Camp

Yes, this version will be a one day event. While we're all there we can discuss future Camps...
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Default June 5 Camp Shopbot

We are about a month out from the Camp, so it's time for me to start begging for responses if you plan to attend. I have a bunch of names from this thread, as well as a few other people who have contacted me off line. If you have not contacted either Dave or myself already, please do so as soon as your plans are firm. We'll post updates here on this thread. Thanks !

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Default Canuck Camp Shopbot

As of today I have roughly 14 names of people who have contacted me directly, or posted their RSVP here on the forum.
    I've had a few suggestions of topics to be covered, and we'll try to address just about everything, but please be aware of the fact that a Camp is not meant to serve as a replacement for tech support, OR a place to have 13 people listening while one Camper wants their individual progress monitored.....
    We'll be getting into some of the more universal topics regarding applications, software, some techniques, and materials. We have invited James Booth but there is currently a conflict in his schedule which may not make this possible.
    One of the main goals of a Camp is to put "local" Shopbotters in touch with others in the area so they can network, assist, share, etc. during those long stretches of time between Camps ( looking back now the last Canadian Camp was in 2003 although Dale hedged his bet by printing out T shirts that had the year "2004" on them to get some added mileage...).
    If you can not bring something with you for Show and Tell, bring pictures of it. We will have a projector there so just bring some shots on a thumb drive ( and please keep the presentation focused on the specific job depicted...).
    Dave could you please post some hotel info for those traveling from outside the area? Thanks...!

Just to let you know , my son {Mike} and myself will be there. info on hotel, motel would be good as well. Looking forward to a great learning experience as well as meeting fellow woodworkers!
    Mike

Default Canuck Camp Topic Suggestions

Bill, how about (a) strategies, aids and best practices to maximize smoothness of arcs and curves when cutting or shaping a variety of materials (b) tips and techniques for getting sharp vs. rounted corners and/or serifs.

Hotels - just trying to help ...

Dave is located outside Russell east of Ottawa at the following address
    219 Eadie Road,
    Russell,
    ON K4R 1E5
    Canada

Here is a B&B in Russell
    http://www.bbcanada.com/1428.html

If they are full they can suggest others that may not be on the internet .

Another option is to stay in Ottawa and on the east side near St. Laurent Blvd and 417 there are a few hotels . Woodworkers may want to check out Lee Valley Tools main store is located at the Greenbank exit to 417 . Busy Bee Tools and Princess Auto are located across the street from each other on the east side of Ottawa also.

See you all at Dave's Camp , Bill