I'm frequently having to ship things out of state. Invariably either because of the quantity of items or the unique shape of the items I have to ship, I don't have a shipping carton in stock that will accommodate the items. And it's not cost effective or space effective to stock tons of cartons of various sizes. I order from a company that has thousands of sizes available but the shipping charge is a killer on small orders. So usually I will take a carton that's too large, and cut it down.

This takes a lot of time for me because I don't find it easy to visualize (or draw) a 3 dimensional carton as a flat object with folds and cuts at the right places for producing a specific size.

I looked online for carton making software and it seems like all I could find was designed for big companies with big budgets and huge production requirements with database capabilities, etc. I just want a simple software that I can enter the dimensions of the carton I want to produce, and it will create a drawing file with the over all shape including the cut lines and the fold lines. Then my drawing software can import or open, (in case I just want to edit an already created carton) and then I can output to have my Shopbot draw the carton shape on a large flat sheet of corrugated. Since I don't have a knife/razor blade in the Shopbot, I will then manually cut and fold the carton.

Have any of you found existing software like this?