Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usage / Setup questions.

Default Usage / Setup questions.

Is there a way to add to the Cabinet Type? i.e. I want to take a Wall cabinet and customize it to be a bookcase. Can I add that new setup as a cabinet type? or am I missing something?

What does "Recess of Cabinet..." mean. I keep changing it but I don't understand the results. It looks like it's moving the shelves around up or down but otherwise it looks the same.

What is a "toe kick spreader" I enable or disable it and no new parts show up in the 3D preview.

/RB

Robert...
    I dont brlieve that you can add to the types. But you can save the settings and retrieve them when needed.

Can you include a screen shot or full description of your "recess of cabinet..." menu? Of cabinet back perhaps?

The toe kick spreader is the structural cross piece that would be used to fill in across the cabinet between the toe notches. I dont know why they arent shown to be cut. Maybe Ryan will chime in
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Here is the screen shot...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is anyone having trouble with runtime errors? specifically 9? if so... any ideas how to stop them? I'm running Windows 7, Would running in compatability or XP mode or even and XP shell improve it?

/RB

Robert...
    The recess settings you refer to allow moving the top down and the bottom up in relation to the sides. We use this feature fairly often.

If you are using dado or blind dado construction you should see the dados move with these settings. If you are using butt joints, there is nothing to show as different in the nest. Some other parts may key off these changes, but this may be hard to find in a nest diagram.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Default Software

Vectric would do well to add a "Stretch" command for their products.

In AutoCad it is fairly simple to select the section of an object you want to stretch with a crossing window,

pull the cursor in the direction you want to stretch the object, type in the distance (usually in inches) you want.... and stretch/ extend or shorten things / any distance or direction you want.

In drafting buildings it is probably the most time saving command there is.

What are "Toe Kick Holes"

Is anyone using the 3D viewer? I can't get past the Run-time error 9 message. If you are, what OS are you running? ideas on how to make this error stop?

/RB

How do I get it to save the Tool Paths for each bit size? i.e. Output one file for the .250 bit (shelf holes) and the remaining cuts with the .375 bit?

If I choose "Write code to one file" it disregards the differing bits. If I do not write to one file it creates 15 toolpaths.

/RB

Robert..
    Toe Kick holes are holes placed in the bottom of the cabinet to accept leveler legs. We use these on the majority of our cabinets. We use a 4 hole pattern, and I used a custom script from Ryan to do this. Worked great.

No... personally I dont use the viewers, I prefer to audit parts in the nest diagram.

I am not up to date on the latest version, so I cant be ceretain on the toolpathing, but we USED to get one file per sheet with as many tools as you setup parameters for.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

I ran the first sheet to see what I would get and here are the problems, if you have ideas on how to fix one of them please post.

The pocket holes cut too close to the edge of the material, there is about 1/16" skin between the end of the hole and the outer wall. I don't see any where to increase the offset.

Several of the pocket holes cut in the wrong direction. i.e. the deep end was toward the inside of the part.

I made an assumption that instead of the default material thickness of .75 I should use the actual of .72

Several of my dados cut climb instead of conventional (everything is set to conventional) the slot is a little smaller but the big problems is the fuzzies it leaves behind compared to the coventional cut. Any ideas on how to correct that?

Somehow the backs are too large about about 1/4" in one direction. I'm looking into that but if someone has a thought please share.

/RB