Thread: 3D Probe

Default 3D Probe

Help ..need an answer...I did a 3d probe of an openbook ( 7.875 x 7.25) took 31hrs ...x-axis stepover was .25..y-axis was 0.01..move speed was 2.. ok when probe was over expecting edges to be smooth they were jagged .. if anyone would like to see the file I can zip it to you... it is large..My question how to elminate the jagged edges? support group said to buy Aspire or ArtCam woud like to get Aspire but can't afford it now and really can't afford ArtCam....lol.thought maybe somee has used the program and may have suggestions..I tried different stepovers but it does it everytime.... the only 3d aspect is the rise and fall of the pages on top the edges are concave and convex .... if you have any ideas would like to here them ...I have a Buddy 48 PRS

Raymond,

Not making any promises, but if you want to send the file, I'ld be happy to look at it. I have Artcam.

Default Thinking Outside the Box... er, Book

Raymond, That sounds next to impossible Without meaning to make light of it, wouldn't be easier to simply glue an actual open book to your project and apply appropriate coatings to hide the fact? Just letting my mind wander.

I am almost positive I have seen models of open books on turbosquid.com or google "free 3d objects" and you should find one somewhere. Or send the object to me and let me look at it. My email is in profile.

Some designs in 3D of books are available at Vectorart3D.com
    - Randall Newcomb
    10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
    another good day in the shop

Default open book

Sorry forgot my post,but figured out how to do it...usually happens that way...anyway the only way i could fix it( i'm from the south all ways fixing things} i did a 2d probe of the book imported it onto the book and whoopie..it worked...i got the original book from vahalla designs but they quit selling them so now i have my own 3d copy..hehehehe..i have learned a lot playing withthe programs and really like the extruder..