Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New furniture concept - Look for CNC builder+reseller.

I think like the US , "shopbot".

Pierre:
    Contact Shop bot re the 100k garages program or maybe Bill Youngs Project Wizard-Seems like it could be a good combo.

PS: I loved tinker toys when I was a kid!!!!
    Last edited by bleeth; 05-10-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Default Ekoflex image gallery

Hello Shopbotters,

To see the complete gallery 2009-2010 products (to cut with your cnc !), go to : http://gallery.me.com/pierrearchi/100032

Bye,

Pierre.
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-11-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Default For people bored with holes !!

This is the way i explore solutions to solve nicely holes problem in a table .... With acrylic parts for exemple.

Pierre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-11-2010 at 11:00 AM.

if anyone makes one of these would you tell me how long you can sit without it being uncomfortable? I'm particularly interested in how long it takes before parts of your anatomy get stuck in those holes and weather anyone breaks their fingers by accident.

Default Classic and modern.

Good evening,

I'm not going to close this evening discussion between modern and classic ... Let those who wish to continue making adirondack chairs continue in 2010 ! ... I 'm only send to those who want to experiment new things with an innovative tool... and not use a powerful tool to make old furniture!. (Too many people to do it)

I have always in mind the motto of Dale Dougherty, publisher of Make Magazine, and who was one of several observers picking up on the 100k garage challenge:

" ... We're looking specifically for technologies that can be shared and replicated around the world. We're looking for projects that make a real difference and can help us create or cope with the necessary changes. Our goal is to find some of those industrious, ingenious Makers at work in garages everywhere."

Goodnight,

Pierre.

PS : The only motto i would like to share with friends Shopbotters !!: New world, New tool, New solutions ... New design !.
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-11-2010 at 06:19 PM.

have you built any of this furniture? chairs need mockups to make sure the angles are correct.

Default Real world.

Hello,

I will send to you some news and photos from "the real world" next week with a real Ekoflex plywood chair (and maybe a bench prototype) .

Good week,

Pierre.

Default Some thoughts

Just a reflection from the comments (rather negative) that I received regarding my proposal to share my concept:

- I regret I did not see on the site ShopBot partnership with schools of architecture and design: I think that these places are a mine of wealth for shopbotters who wish to develop a business. These young students will be delighted to propose new technologies or new design to exploit the resources of your Shopbott and bring great added value to your business.

- I know it is important to create a strong community around the goal machine but that can also be a limit of being too introspective in the same time and push to became less open minded. Where is the US collective pioneer spirit i dream to have in France ???. is that the united states have become an old continent like old europe accepting no new ideas ???

- 100k garage (great idea !) should be first a new (internationnal !) student ideas laboratory able to spread them over US throught Shopbotters and not only waiting for private customers ask to make shelves from time to time. (I did not receive a warm welcome from his manager ...)

If you allow me to give you some advice (because I'm not American!), propose a partnership with young architects and designers close to your garage to develop with them new products or new forms. I am sure they will be motivated by your proposal (as i will be) !. You have your hands a fantastic tools provided to feed with fresh ideas and new ... must not refuse to try!.

Why not organize local competitions in architecture schools to develop specific product for ShopBot and partner with teachers during the academic year?. They would be delighted to offer their students to work on concrete examples ready to be marketed by you.

Pierre,
    French architect,
    Normally buddy owner in couple of month ... if i have a better shipping cost ! ...

Thank you to google translation. Get a glance to : http://www.untothislast.co.uk/, again "bizarre" cnc design ideas from old Europe !!!

PS : Do not think that I am not open to criticism but I prefer when they are constructive.
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-13-2010 at 07:55 AM.

They are perfect for dinner chairs...especially if you eat a lot of bean dishes.