Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New furniture concept - Look for CNC builder+reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by erik_f View Post
    They are perfect for dinner chairs...especially if you eat a lot of bean dishes.
    keeps the drum effect down. or tune the holes for a musical instrument.

I hope that your discussions are of better quality at annual ShopBot Jamboree ... Finally, I will not regret not to participate ...
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-13-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Whether you personally like Pierre's design or not, in my opinion his type of project and business model is exactly what's needed for CNC shops. It's certainly fine to do the same sort of work as the rest of the shops around you, counting on your ShopBot to be more efficient and cut your costs in more traditional products and projects. Products that are designed with CNC cutting in mind from the beginning, though, greatly limit the number of shops you compete with...the guy down the street just can't do what you can do any more.

And his business model makes it easy to try out...you can cut some for your own use and if you sell something you give him a royalty. It's hard to imagine anything more fair and with less risk.

Seems to me like we need more things like this to make...what's the point in having a tool that can do all kinds of new things in new ways if you don't take advantage of it?

Bill

p.s. Pierre...I'm sorry our reply to you from 100kGarages didn't come across as enthusiastically as we meant it to...if you send another email we'll try to do better next time.

Thank you Bill for your help . Keep in touch. New more interesting things to show you soon.

Pierre.

Bill:

Cheers!!

Pierre:

Your basic design block and tBill's linkerlogs share a couple of traits in common and a cross design between the two could be tres magnafique.

Thumbs up

For people who sent to me positive private message thank you !!
    I Will reply to you in few days ... On holidays with wife and children at the moment ... Bye, Pierre.

Default New part/ New models.

Hello everyone,

Just one word to submit you a new element "round corner" part which allows to broaden the possibilities of the system(you will find it in Tree bench model and in Desk model). I began also to work on more complex models. Know that they are not perfect and that you should make some changes depending on your machine and your materials in stock.

1) To download, use and modify the templates yourself, go to the Google Warehouse (http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/), then tape word "ekoflex". I started to introduce 3d models in the library that will allow you to start inventing new models by yourself.

2) To view models images only, visit the gallery(http://gallery.me.com/pierrearchi/100032). I try to update the images at the same time as the 3D models.

Finally, I will not make the Newsletter as it takes time and I prefer to concentrate for the moment on the development of the new range with very different possibilities for the coming days.

Greetings

Pierre.

PS : You have to download the free software "Google Sketchup" to see and use Ekoflex 3d models parts from Google Warehouse. It is very simple ... it is like LEGO game. : http://sketchup.google.com/intl/fr/download/
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-23-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Default EKOFLEX users gallery open !

If you want to show us Ekoflex models you have created in Sketchup or real models you have cut, go to http://gallery.me.com/pierrearchi/100061 and upload your model pictures. It is very easy.

From Sketchup :

1) Make your 3d model using existing model i have posted in Google Warehouse : move, duplicate, delete parts ...
    2) Sketchup File menu, Export 2D file, options : 5 inches. 200 pixels/cm, antialiasing+transparent background filled.

I will be pleased to help you to find solutions on your models or giving my design opinion !!. Everything is possible !. and not only furniture !.

Bye,

Pierre.
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-23-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Default Some help to go to cut path.

For 10$, you have a very interesting plug in for sketchup who automatically draw 2d path on "Sketchup floor plan " from 3d parts. But you have to rotate the 3d part face (you want to project) horizontaly, correctly, with sketchup first with the 2d view (or 3d view but less easy). If not, the path will not be correct. After you have done it, export path in dxf or other format in Aspire or Part Wizard.
    Page : http://www.smustard.com/script/Flatten

Bye .... Pierre.
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-25-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Default DOGHOUSE 1.0 : shelter range start.

Hello,

A new model in the gallery and Google warehouse : DOGHOUSE 1.0.
    A trial to start the shelter Ekoflex range.
    In shelter range, the big interest/idea is to fil the gap between the 2 boards with an insulated material (straw, wool, recycle paper ....). Finally, we are closed to SIP board concept ... but in a more mechanical way in our case ...

Of course you have to make the roof waterproof with shingle tiles ...or other way.

Bye,

Pierre.
    Last edited by pierrearchi; 05-30-2010 at 06:41 PM.