Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your web hosting provider?

Default Your web hosting provider?

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
    I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

300 hits per day is pretty good! I use 1and1.com. No compliants, reliable service and rates are very reasonable.

POWWEB.COM OR GODADDYGO

I had one million last year no extra charges

Talking

I will match that $30 for you. No problem. I can provide you the ability to FTP, create email addresses and failover. This is commercial quality hosting. PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, MSSQL, MySQL...

I use rackspace and I have a reseller account so I know its less money than you are hearing from others but its not a source of income for me. I use it to help offset my costs.

http://www.rackspace.com

What's a "web host provider"?
    Official Cartoonist for the Atlanta Falcons

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_tucker52/

I use Host Monster with no complaints.

I use GoDaddy for all my accounts (house and customer accounts). $6.99/month on a deluxe hosting account (no extra charges and I have about 24 domains on that single account). I am also hearing good things about FatCow but I haven't used them yet.

www.mediatemple.net

I had my site there for quite awhile there until my son got into the business. Lots of flexibility in how you set things up. Email, FTP, PHP, Wordpress support, etc.

Now my site is hosted with my son.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Default web pages

So godaddygo.com is different / better than godaddy.com ???

Do some of you design the web page yourselves or is it best to have this done by others ?? Typical cost ?

So you "export your web page" to the host in some manner ??

Seems to be a number of "on line order / payment" options... what are the costs of these typical items ?

Curtis,

My son does this stuff for a living. He built the infrastructure, using WordPress, for my website and then I populated it with content. He provided all the hosting, email, ftp, etc. I can provide you his contact information and he could provide you accurate pricing information and options for putting up a website.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.