Thread: Wiring

Shaler Area School District, Pittsburgh Pa

Default Wiring

Setup my new PRS Standard shopbot the past few days and I am down to the wiring through the e-chain and wiring setup in the control box. I'm not real fond of the instructions on how to run the wiring. As of now as far as I can tell their will be a birds nest of wiring moving up and down the Y axis of the machine as it runs. Is there any better way, pictures, tips or advice. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Zachery,

I sprung for an X-axis e-chain and all my wiring comes off the gantry into the X e-chain.

Remember not to coil up your wiring before running them from the CNC to the control box. Just let it lay all over the floor. ShopBot says the coiling of wires confuses the electronics when they go between the CNC and the controller (maybe they get lost going around the loops - I don't know). Never had this problem in 23 years in electronics in the Coast Guard aboard ships but I follow their instructions and don't have any problems. Just looks messy with wiring laying all over the floor.

If you still need some photos I can take some of my machine and post them here for you.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Zachery -

I uploaded a couple of pictures in my album when someone else was wiring their Shopbot. The link is http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/album.php?albumid=14

I hope this helps some. If you have any questions, let me know. And, yes the wiring instructions are a little vague in the assembly manual.

Bill

I had problems with my wiring when I first got going. I now have two bundles coming off the y axis separating power and control lines. The other thing was to use the hub to plug the usb into instead of plugging it in directly to my computer. Don't ask me how, but all my problems were solved when I did.