Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web store solutions

Default Web store solutions

I am looking at starting up an online web store and I was wondering if anyone in the forums has either good or bad things to say about a particular hosting company. Ideally I am looking for a full package deal (website hosting, domain name, shopping cart, and online purchases).

Default Web Store

Hi Todd,
    For six years I have used http://www.godaddy.com to host my site (http://www.gripus.com) and https://www.asecurecart.net/main/default.aspx for my shopping cart. I have been very pleased with both.

My wife, for her website (http://www.sevenyearetch.com), uses http://www.buildyoursite.com/ for both her host and shopping cart. Hers is cheaper than mine and has the tools that allowed her, with no web building experience, to produce her site herself with no help from me.

We have both had excellent experiences with tech support from knowledgeable, English speaking technicians from both hosts.

I am sure others will be able to recommend other hosts as well.

Joe
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Joe,
    About how long did it take your wife to set up her site, does it take credit cards and do you know what the charges are for that? Thanks for the info, Gene

Gene,
    It took her about a week of working on it off and on during the day when she had the chance. We do accept credit cards on all of our sites using PayPal and we also use PayPal's virtual terminal to process credit cards on phone orders. She said to call her (between 10AM and 3PM Central Time) at 1-800-970-3824 and she would be happy to go over all of it with you. (I am dexterously challenged so it would be quicker than me typing it all LOL)

Joe
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Thanks Joe,
    I'll do that . Does it matter what day ? if you like e mail me at cabinetsplusofaugusta@yahoo.com
    Thanks again, Gene

Ive used www.Citymax.com twice before.

Their interface for creating and editing is easy to use. You can do stores that accept most all payment options and paypal too. The sites have been dependable, except for two update situations that took them offline for about a day or so at a time. No telephone support, and very slow or non-helpfull email/forum support... so if you need them, they wont be there for you most times, or will be very late to the party.

Best of luck.

I really cannot say enough good things about Intuit and their web solutions. It's not that they are necessarily the best web host or that they have the best website builder (though it's pretty darn good) - what makes it wonderful is that it seamlessly blends quickbooks, websales, cash sales, and credit card sales all together in a "cafeteria" style - you just pay for the modules you need to use.

Joe,

Your wife's web page doesn't seem to be working.

I've used www.zoovy.com for the past 4 or 5 years and I'm happy with them. They have a pretty high monthly fee and it varies depending on the options you choose. When I started with them the start up cost was minimal but I think now it has gone up substantially. They have a lot of great features and almost makes everything automated to where printing labels and syndicating to different sites like Amazon, Ebay, and alot of others a breeze. Although initial set up can be complicated Plus if you send out newsletters, or want to keep in touch with your customers they have excellent customer relations capabilities. I'm not affiliated in any way with them, I'm just a paying customer. My website is not fancy but I think they will make you a specialized layout now. Mine is out of date and needs some work. www.tool-solutions.com

I used Volusion for a number of years, they were high but was satisfied. I shut my business down for a while and while down purchased Sunshop shopping cart software from;
    https://www.turnkeywebtools.com/shop...-products.html

It was a one time fee of $400 and I own the software. It was easy to modify the templates to something suited towards my business. You can have an unlimited amount of products. I'm still building the site from "on the road" and don't have most of my products listed on the site for lack of pictures. I am building another section of the site dedicated towards local cabinetmaking with Dreamweaver that I will be able to link to without the shopping cart software.
    I use bluehost.com for hosting. Right now I pay about $5 per month just for building the site. Once I go live with the site again my cost will be $15 per month which includes an SSL certificate. This was the most inexpensive alternative that I found and I spent many months looking at shopping cart software and hosting. The software has "plug ins" for paypal, google payments, amazon payments, bank of america, etc...

Good Luck,

Rick
    www.appalachiatools.com