Thread: Post Processor for Indexer?

, Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands Washington

Default Post Processor for Indexer?

What post processor are you fellas using when you are making a wrapped file? I use Alpha, speed control with arcs. Is that the correct one when going to cut a wrapped file? All I get the file to cut is as if it were flat stock. I watched all of the videos and still It cuts flat even though the drawing shows as if it were wrapped like I want it to be. The B axis never moves when cutting. It is as if it were not ever there.

Go examine the post processor file you are using in a text editor, (Notepad or Notepad++). Read the Vectric documentation regarding post processors, and see where it is going wrong. (I dont remember if the documentation came with Aspire or was a download, but it was free either way.)

Once I did that, I saw how to modify my post processor to provide constant linear velocity, by changing the move speed on the indexer as the radius decreased.

Also look at the SBP file to figure out what is being generated by the post. Then after a few minutes the light should "go on" and the problem will be a non-issue.

D

Dana, Thanks for the reply. I had examined the post processor made in Aspire and nowhere was B axis mentioned. That is why I thought I was using the incorrect one. Is the post processor specifically for rotary axis in Aspire that I should know about. I've ooked and can't seem to find one.

Daryl- Here is the text of what I use. Note my indexer is on my A axis, so change that to B for your case. Also note my indexer is aligned with my X axis, that may not be the case with your indexer. It should be a good starting point.

Also note the forum forbids uploading post processor ".pp" files. I named it ".txt" so the forum would accept it, you must rename it back. Hint to the forum admin, please allow .pp files to be uploaded!

Note the magic lines:

"if [Z] > 0 then &AngularFeedRate=(180*%72)/(3.14159*[Z])"
    "if &AngularFeedRate > 720 then &AngularFeedRate = 720"

You may find two revolutions per second is too fast as it gets near the center-line, so reduce it to a value you find suitable.

This code provides constant linear velocity as the radius decreases. My own addition.

Hope that helps-

D
    Attached Files Attached Files

Scott Cox should also have a copy of the post processor that would work for you.
    - Randall Newcomb
    10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
    another good day in the shop

Daryl...
    If you have installed one of the newer versions of SB3, then you will have a "PartWorks Posts" folder in your C:\SbParts folder. There is a post for the indexer for both X & Y orientation. Copy the one(s) you want to the C:\Program Files\ShopBot\PartWorks\PostP folder
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Thanks to everyone I found the reason I couldn't get the indexer to work. I was saving it to the wrong post processor. I got it working! Thanks!!

Now you need to post some photos of your creations!
    - Randall Newcomb
    10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
    another good day in the shop