Thread: FREE Ready to cut CNC router project

Lost Radio Entertainment LLC, St Cloud MInnesota

Default FREE Ready to cut CNC router project

Hi fellow shopbotters

just thought i would drop a note to you all to tell you that i have put up a free to download ready to cut CNC router project on my website
    the project is an actual CNC router that you cut out from MDF and put together .
    a great project for anyone wanting to play around with hobby CNC in a small cheap way it uses a dremel tool for a spindle .
    and is an excellent way to introduce newcomers to CNC.

the project is a zipfile that has extensive drawings instructions and assembly guide to get you up and running the DXF files are all to scale and all the dogbones have been inserted to allow cutting with a 1/4 inch router bit and still get tight fitting parts. an EPS file without the dogbone fillets is also included for those of you who have access to a laser

these files are the result of a whole lot of work i did to develop a kit based on the instructables cheap and easy cnc machine project.
    and i used them to make kits that i sold on my website i stopped making the kits due to time constraints but they sold quite well. and i have had several requests for wood parts kits through the website so some of you more enterprising people may want to use the files to cut parts kits and sell them and that is fully ok to do .as many as you want its open source all i ask is that you do not post thiese files for download from your website please just send people to makecnc for the download as it helps to show people my website. anyways you can sure pass on all the assembly instructions included to your customers with no copyright or royalty
    so all in all its great

this would make a great project for your son or daughter to make with you that will introduce them to the exciiting world of Robotic tools
    the download is totally free no strings attached. and no i wont sell your email address to anyone
    enjoy

www.makecnc.com

Paul

I haven't downloaded them yet but wanted to say...thanks!!

Hi Paul,

Very good of you to make such an offer.Will have a look out of curiosity, if nothing else. Thanks.

Roger.

Paul,

I have a problem with you selling files on your website that are feely available on the internet. Did you create these files or are you making money off of some one else's efforts?

I have always wanted a copy of Mach 3 control software to play around with. I just can't decide whether to buy it for $175.00 from Paul or download it directly from Artsoft for free!

Nils and Dave...no connection to this site, but a couple of observations.

If these puzzle models have been gone through so that all the notches are properly sized and placed, then the $3.50 may be worth it. Of course that is an "if", but I've spent a lot more than $3.50 in time redrawing the common downloads of these type files to work properly.

An owner copy of Mach is $175 through Art's site. Of course you can download a demo copy to play with for free, but it is limited to pretty short runs of code.

Donn

I am coming from the place that I would not want to create some design and find that others are using it just because they found it on the internet. Even if they cleaned it up. I am not saying I haven't made some thing I found but I am not selling it.

Donn:
    I'll take the correction on my end and agree with Nils on the models unless they are not the ones all over the internet for free bu actual designs similar to but different. The cleaning up is still probably necessary depending on the exact ply you get since at this point the stuff varies all over the place. About the only thing consistant is MDF and particle board.