Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Plaque of Military Braches

So thats the day after memorial day? Just making sure I got it.

I will be there memorial day but not the day after. Too bad too I would have loved to be there. Especially after visiting the wall and the other war memorials honoring our troops past and present.

Jimmy,

You did a great job with this project so I'm reviving this message thread for those that never saw it and to remind those that did.......

Wink

Thanks Greg!!!
    Jimmy

Default plaque of military branches

Jimmy first of all let me say that I was moved by the work you did on this plaque. I know that over time that it grew because of the efforts of your self and other members of this forum ! I know there are others on this forum and my self that would like to give the respect and admiration to fellow service members . MY question is ( and I think I know part of the answer) Could you share this cut file so that we can spread the Thanks and respect to more service members, (VFW, American Legion,National Gaurd Current members of the Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, ECT.) If there would be a cost because of the files from James Booth or your time that would not be a concern or at least to me. Please let me know if there is any way that we can do this because as a veteran I know that every year we loose more of the ones that gave almost every thing so that we have what we have today. If this is not possible I will understand. May god bless You and this country! Thanks again Don

I second Don's request.
    Thanks, Dick
    Dick
    Aspire 10.5

Default Military Plaque

Hi,
    Thanks for your interest in my military plaque. I had a lot of help from various members on the forum in design suggestions to get it to what it is. I have had other members contact me about sharing so I contacted James Booth and he pointed out to me in most stringent terms that according to the license agreement that I couldn't share the actual files themselves (which I knew) but I thought I could make a shopbot cut file but he says I can't even do that...which I don't agree with, but have to abide by because he does a lot of work for me.

If you look at the overall design it isn't that complicated. The rope border with the text then the emblems set inside the circle with a little name block under each one to denote the branch of service.
    Here is the link for the emblems i used, you probably could spend around $100.00 and get all you need to make the thing yourself. http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm?q=military&All

I wish i could help you and if i had designed the emblems myself i would gladly have shared it if it was my work but it wasn't.

Jimmy

Smile

Thank You Very Much for the reply, and for the link that you provided, You do very nice work, Don

I'm thinking about making another Plaque for the Durham VA. Should I make it like the one I made for the Richmond VA or change it?

Jimmy
    I’ve never been fired, but, I have been laid off when they were still hiring.

PRS Standard 48"x96" with PC Router and Aspire 9.008, Cabinet Parts Pro

www.cncsignshop.com
    cncsignshop@nc.rr.com
    919-802-7477

I think based on the expert advice you got from a certain shopbotter (that shall go nameless) the placement of medallions surrounding the MIA medallion is perfect. The round shape symbolizes a circle of brothers, with the rope border symbolizing the unbroken bond that they all share...service to the country.
    If i remember it correctly, the one thing i might add (because you can buy the model or may have it) is to add a barbed wire circle around the center MIA medallion.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Yep there was allot of people that helped in the design of the Plaque. I'll try what you suggested and see how it looks.

Jimmy
    I’ve never been fired, but, I have been laid off when they were still hiring.

PRS Standard 48"x96" with PC Router and Aspire 9.008, Cabinet Parts Pro

www.cncsignshop.com
    cncsignshop@nc.rr.com
    919-802-7477