18. You may not vote on this poll
  • CD

0 0%
  • DVD

18 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SB Link Training Video User Input

Kenneth...

I have a section made for the labels, along with their tie in to both the flipOps and off falls. I am hoping to get the live video (at machine) done this week that ties in all of the above and shows integration of a bar code scanner.

Jack...
    Yes, I have received permission from Thermwood to make and sell this training video on my own. As it is at the moment, I am going thru every setting in the software and explaining how to set and use them. Since I am getting about 3 email requests for features to every one posted, and they all seem like a good idea, I will add all that I receive.

The video is designed to get newbies working in a few hours. Also some tips and settings that more experienced users may not know abou yet. So, yes, you should be able to watch this video and have your SB Link open on separate windows, screens or computers, and set your link up as you go. Once you do this there will be very few changes you will ever have to make.

I have not determined the price yet.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

After going back and rereading my question I hope it didn't sound like i was implying you were doing something you weren't supposed to be doing.

What i was trying to figure out is, I have a potential client who may want me to cut cabinet parts for him and since i know "doodley-squat" about cutting cabinets and such my thought was that if there was enough business to justify buying the link, that i would then have to learn all the in's and outs.
    I went and watched a few of the tutorial videos but to me it's like..."where do you start?" So my question was geared toward wanting to know if you made them so the whole thing would be geared toward getting a newbie started from the beginning rather then abstractly picking videos without knowing the basics.
    I would assume you have it set up so that you start with the basics and maybe show a sample type project from beginning to end highlighting the various steps along the way?

Based on the things i've learned from you over the last several years i'm sure it will be explained in a way even I will understand.

Jack...

Your question was ok, my answer was a little off. I'll try again.

The SB Link takes eCabinet Systems encrypted export files (TWD) and allows them to be cut on a ShopBot. There are a large number of somewhat confusing parametric settings in the SB Link. It is very difficult, if not near impossible to get parts to cut correctly unless these settings are set properly.

My video goes thru these settings, one at a time and explains how and why to set them. There are sections for the tooling, and a separate section on setting single tools and how to design for them. All aspects of the basics, additional and/or optional features are covered.

I do not have any cabinetmaking, design or job process instruction, as these are not in the Link, but included with eCabinets. Training and tutorials for eCabs is available on the eCabinetsystem website.

My mission is to give a total newbie with the Link the ability to set up the software in a couple hours and be able to cut his files. I am also including a folder of special files that may benefit even an advanced user.

So, short answer is: newbie yes, Start to finish project no
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Guys....
    Thanks for taking the time to vote.

Looks pretty unanimous, DVD is the clear winner. This will allow me to add an extra hour of "at the machine" video along with setup for the "custom" files required to use the SB Link, and how to configure them to match your machine.

Configurations supported are: PRT & alpha, PRS & alpha, dual z's on each and up to 4 drills, either OEM or dual control configs. Also supports zero to material or bed, using OEM plate or fixed block. If needed a fixed block, wiring and instructions can be included as an option.

Custom files, for setup and video instructions included for all items. Ships 1 st wk of Sept.

For info email: CaseWorxMfg@gmail.com with "video" in subject line
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

I am very much a "newbie" What is the price? Will take all the learning I can!!

Molly...
    If you send an email to my address listed above, I will send out info reply email.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Default video

gary what going on with your video? when do you think you will have then done? did you come up with a cost yet?

thank you
    frank

Frank...

Sorry I havent posted info here sooner, but I have been sidetracked from this project for a while. Once I get everything organized and complied I will post some shameless marketing, price and content info.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Hi Gary,
    I brought your last thumb drive showing how to set the link for e cabinet and that was great. I would like to get your new dvd. I know you always do a good job. I will email to you my e-mail