Thread: Proximity switch issues

Shaler Area School District, Pittsburgh Pa

Default Proximity switch issues

I am having some problems getting my proximity switches to work. When i go to run the Shopbot Prox Switch setup the machine will run itself into the stop blocks and grind the Sh*t out of the gears causing me to Estop, (which is working correctly.) I believed they are all wired correctly per the manual shopbot sent. The confusion lies with the placement of a ground wire. I have the 96"x48" PRS Standard, in the instruction manual it states, The shopbot table should be grounded to System Ground at the power box that supplies the PRS Standard Control Box. Attach the grounding wire 14-16 gauge at a convenient bolt on the table, making sure to scratch the paint off under the bolt." My question, I hope is the answer, do I need to physically take a wire from any ground terminal in the box and attach it to any bolt to the table? I just want to make sure I do this correctly and do not damage any circuitry in the control box itself. I am also assuming this will get my Z touch plate to work correctly as well. I did take pics of my wiring setup if anyone needs to see.

First look at the screen on your pc while putting a piece of metal in front of the proxy sensors and see if inputs 2 and 3 light up when you put the metal piece by the sensors for the x and y.

Then you can do the same thing with the z plate. The Z also has a clip that grounds the bit that needs to be hooked up. This should turn on input 1 light.

Input 4 light is your estop

The fastest way to get your machine fixed up would be to call shopbot and speak with a tech. It's free
    Kenneth