Thread: castle vectors for childs bed

Default castle vectors for childs bed

I'm looking for anything 2D or 3D of any kind of castle design if anyone has anything they could help me out with i'd appreciate it. I have been asked to make a bed for a little girl who had brain surgery and this is going to be one of those deals where you do it for nothing or for the cost of materials which i'm fine with.

Of course my first thought is to make something with towers and drawbridge and all kinds of over the top ideas. After putting that aside my idea was to make a simple bed but the footboard would look like the wall of the castle with the watchtowers on the corners and a opening that she could crawl thru to get on the bed (leaving the sides open like a regular bed. I thought of having the side rails cut like a wall with the "cutouts" along it to look like you have a bed inside of the 4 walls of the castle.

Then for the headboard do a larger version of the footboard but have a drawbridge in the center (painted on).

I know my drawing is off center and not good scale but i wanted you to get an idea of what i was envisioning so excuse the lousey artwork.

So am I on the right track and do you have any suggestions?

edit: I thought about drawing lines to represent blocks then vcarve the lines
    ----------------------------
    I would like a tiara or a castle cut out for a queen size for my daughter.
    She had brain surgery to install a shunt (she's an external hydrocephalic -
    it's rare) and she's afraid to sleep in her room since the surgery so she's
    been sleeping in her brother's room but the bed is only a full and can't
    accommodate them both well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by myxpykalix; 09-19-2010 at 03:25 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

Jack:
    Thats a pretty quick and easy in Artcam. As a matter of fact a front view of a castle is one of the training exercises in the older versions and you may already have it in your Artcam examples or tutorial files.
    For something like that I find it easier to just draw it right in Artcam but then my Autocad skills are not that hot. Either way, it's more of a drafting operation than it is a sketching.