Thread: Need a sample Sign or Something to help sell PRT

Default Need a sample Sign or Something to help sell PRT

Hey Guys;

I have someone coming over to look at my PRT. I replaced it with a PRS and I'd love to be able to run something on the PRT with a sign making bit or any bot really that shows off the capabilities of the bot but I truly don't have anything that I could use as what I use it for is basically cutting panels.

If anyone has something they could fire me in artcam and maybe the cut file as well that I can show off the machine with it would be appreciated. Maybe a house number address thing or some maze celtic knot. I'm open and a little desperate as showing it jog back and forth is just not that cool :-)

Thanks
    Mike Purcell
    Mike@classicplayfields.com

Put the buyer's name into PartWizard, ArtCAM or whatever & V-carve it. Then cut it out. Nothing fancy. 90 deg v-bit, Arial Black font. Frame it with a rectangle and profile cut it with a bit of your choice. Use carpet tape to hold the whole deal down.

Doesn't get easier than that...Plus, you really should be showing the customer just how easy it is to program and demonstrate. That sells tools. Not a dog & pony show or something really ornate. Keep it simple & you'll be successful.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

There are some sample files in the software, like the shopbot logo. The tool path is ready to go and you just run it.

Look here "C:\SbParts" and find the logo s_sblogo.sbp or something like that.
    Kenneth