Thread: shopbot probe to inder

Default shopbot probe to inder

can anyone tell me the steps to bring a probe 3d top file to a indexer file

You'll have to post a little more information than that if you want any kind of intelligent response...

Explain what you want to do exactly. Pics will help. My only guess could be that you have probed a flat file & now want to wrap it on the circumference of material on an indexer...There are several ways to do this...More info.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Default More info

Yes you are right .I am trying to use the shopbot probe to make a turing
    to save some time and I did not know how to probe a part and then run it on the indexer .When I used the dxf file that i made useing the probe i could not get it run right . thanks chris

In this specific case, the indexer can be used in 2 ways to achieve the same result:

1) Import 3D DXF into ArtCAM or Aspire & wrap it into a 'ring'. Then toolpath it & use the Indexer Post Processor.

2) Setup material to be EXACTLY the circumference of your cylindrical blank. Position your 3D file where you want it & save out a regular old XYZ 3D file (no indexer postp).

Then, modify your indexer unit values so that exactly 1 revolution of the indexer equals the same circumference distance you setup in your CAD/CAM - This will most likely be in the Y. The 3D can then be wrapped on the fly. You will need to switch your Indexer channel with your Y axis in order to make this work correctly. The machine will move the Y axis, but in fact be turning the indexer.

This 2nd method is what guys would refer to as the 'Magic Number' during the early days of 3D indexing.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com