Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Box Vac Source

I am also working on a vacuum enclosure for up to 4 Litehouse motors, Daren and Gary would you be willing to share your 3D CAD designs with me? I'm going to run a CFD on my enclosure when it is complete and make sure there arent any unneccesary restrictions and will be more than willing to share my completed design.

garyc Guest

Richard, et al....
    I only have eCabinets files for this project that are incomplete at best. It was a project that in the long run, turned out to perform much better and run quieter and cooler than even I had expected. Even though I had made, sold and installed a number of these systems for profit, I decided that the ShopBot community could benefit from the design so I put all the info I have on the forum to allow it to be open source.

I would be open to assisting someone that wanted to take the design and turn it into PartWorks compatible vectors to share with the ShopBot community. (improvements welcomed) Even more so with someone that would accompany the vectors with some written instruction and/or explanation. With that said, I would NOT be open to those that wanted to profit from my original design. This "open source" vacuum idea was born with a thread started by Brady Watson and only contributed to, albeit with a few variations, by me.

This design is my intellectual property, and I have given it freely to this community for non-commercial use. Permission for commercial use of the design has not and will not be given.

Daren seems to have made a great start to my intended end, maybe he can be convinced to bring the project to the next level.

Gary,
    I've bought all the parts for the build, but haven't had time to build it yet because I've been so busy with work. I would be more than happy to make a full set of partwork files for it to share with the community. To build off your plans, the only thing I would need is a drawing with dimensions or dxf/dwg and then I can convert everything to partworks.

Thanks,
    Paul

I am happy to give back to this community Gary, thanks for asking.

I agree with Gary about the limits of this information that we're sharing (ie: non-commercial use, etc...) and have added those notes in my file. Here is a DXF file that can be imported as vectors into your choice of CAM software for your final touches. It does not contain step-by-step instructions or a complete materials list, but that info can be easily acquired from this forum.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

garyc Guest

Daren...
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to post this.

Has anyone made any progress on making the partworks files? I tried, but without the dimensions it is going to be hard to do.

David

David, scroll/down up to post #104.
    Scott

Yeah, I got the dfx file, but how tall what lengths, dimensions are the sizes of each part. Those are not there. Besides, it doesn't matter. I qjust guess CNC work is not for me, I am going to haul the thing to the scrap yard!

David, this stuff can be really frustrating - believe me, I know!

The DXF file I uploaded of the vac box is to scale, so you should be able to import it into your design software & the parts should be the right sizes. Here's the dimension of one item so you can confirm it. Hang in there, it gets easier...or so I'm told.

Speaking about frustration: I believe that allot of this software is amazing in many ways, but some of it (eg: eCabinets & ShopBot Link) seems intentionally difficult to work with. It's impossible for me to believe that anyone could actually be very productive with it. I guess that's where the value of good software really is. I used to work with a company that used good software, but never really appreciated it until now that I can't afford it. Someday perhaps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Daren,

Thanks, that makes sense now. Since they are to scale I can get them into Aspire.

David