Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel

Also, forgot to say I am using a PorterCable router

Quote Originally Posted by signexpress View Post
    Gene, excellent work.
    I see you upgraded to the 4G board. Are you using Aspire also? How do you like the 4G board? I am moving my 2001 PRT48x96 from my garage to my new shop I just rented in the next few weeks . I am either gonna go with 4G or aspire. Any advice or whcih way to go?
    Thanks,
    Dave

hands down 4g...major improvement over 3.4.27 control software you are running now plus it's 2000 steps/rev with 4g not 200 steps/rev with your existing board

...then when you can, upgrade your design software
    Vector Studio 22

Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    44" X 69" X 1.5" pine v carve 1:05 hrs 90 deg 1.25" v bit eagle 36" x 36" 1.125" depth 4:45 hrs .25" ballnose 11% step with offset like a larger step for a "rustic" look when finished shiplap joints also give a distressed look when carved like this this panel will be bolted to a steel frame

ran the eagle at 5ips xy 5 z with 4g board and seemed smooth as silk...very little "brakes applied" Thanks Brady for the values info!

gracias a todos por sus comentarios
    I am sure there are guys who run big iron who couldn't handle this.
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Gene - You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by michael_schwartz View Post
    I am sure there are guys who run big iron who couldn't handle this.
    Mike - You bet! I can't tell you how much work I get from the Eastern seaboard from shops who have invested in big iron & it is cheaper for me to machine it on my SB than it is for them to run it because the big iron is too slow for 3D. Plus, many of the big machines lock up their control software so that you can't tweak the ramps without paying them big bucks to send a tech out to do it for you...Forget that! If you can't tweak it - you don't own it!

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Gene Very nice work wish I had the imagination you have with carvings like that One quick question I have is how do you tell if you have a 4G board I have a 2006 prtalpha

Quote Originally Posted by mark_stief View Post
    One quick question I have is how do you tell if you have a 4G board I have a 2006 prtalpha
    Mark,
    4G stands for 4th Generation of Standard (non-Alpha) tools. Your Alpha has a superior drive system to a 4G, so it doesn't really apply to your tool.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Gene,
    One more question about the 4G board. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I haven't been able to find much info on the ShopBot website or the forum about the 4g upgrade. Maybe I'm just searching wrong.

Are you using a porter cable router? What is the "safe" max speed you can jog at and what is the "safe" max cut speed in 3/4" plywood cut in 3 passes?
    I am talking to ShopBot about the upgrade and they said it is just the board and gecko drives. Do I use the same power supply? They said I get $250 off if I send my old board back but I am thinking I would want to keep it as a backup?

Thanks in advance for your help, and if anyone has any more info or a link to more info about it, please forward it to me. I don't post much on the forum, but have been following along for many years now.

try doing a google search for

site:talkshopbot.com 4g upgrade

Sometimes this is quite a bit more effective than the built in forum search.
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Quote Originally Posted by signexpress View Post
    Gene,
    One more question about the 4G board. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I haven't been able to find much info on the ShopBot website or the forum about the 4g upgrade.
    Just call ShopBot to get the latest information and pricing: 1.888.680.4466

-B

Thanks Mike and Brady, I just did the google search and found 2 posts answering all my questions. I also did contact ShopBot and got the pricing. I think I'm going to do the upgrade by the end of next month.