Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medicine Ball Rack ideas?

Ingenious... I may have to cut one of those just to look at it. Have you actually cut one of these? I noticed the slots are .75" which won't work for 23/32" ply but would work for MDF.

I'm not sure if the holders would withstand the constant weight either, but I'm sure it could be reinforced.

/RB

my company builds a lot of flat pack designs. we do all our cad work so the the Master is sized to .75. then when it comes to cutting we size the slots to the plywood thickness + .02. I'm pretty sure if its cut out of reasonably good 3/4 ply it should be able to hold the 15# weight without too much trouble.

I have been wanting to cut this for my wife for a plant stand on the back porch and last night I saw your post. gave me the motivation to do the cad work. I'll cut a sample out of .125 ply to make sure I didn't do a oops!

Erik

I prefer to do all my test cuts out of final pre-finished stock... you know my last good sheet too. Makes things far more interesting. ;-)

I think I may give this thing a shot just to see it and give it to my wife as a planter if nothing else comes of it. I love snap/lock together stuff.

/RB

all right Robert.... now why did you let me deign a house with no front door. I cut a prototype this morning and dang if the last piece couldn't go in.... HA! for it to work I would have had to teliport it in. I spent the day fooling with it and I finally got it done. I'll post a new file tomorrow after I noodle it one last time. sure glad i was using the cheap pre finished ply to test with

Erik

what about a simple corner shelf design? with side rails to support the weight? though should be cheap and fast to make.