Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KD latest kitchen

Default KD latest kitchen

I posted a kitchen which is almost ready to be installed. The reason for my posting, is because there are a lot of new users debating on shop bots. After one year and half with my shop bot, I don't think I would be able to run my shop without it.
    The kitchen has 22 drawers! It only took 2 hours to make these drawers. The fan was done with Part Works. I used to do it with a router and a straight edge. It used to take forever. I am working on getting an indexing head. This will enable me to do different legs.
    All the cabinetry was done with Cabinets Part Pro.
    I will post the kitchen during the install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That some nice work. I was hoping you show us you doing some of the cutting on you shopbot. I like to see how you make your drawer on then. What type of joint do you use for the drawer and cabinet. Some picture of this would be great if you have them.

thank
    frank

Really nice job. How do you manage the drawers in such a short time?
    Lorin

When I go back to the shop I.ll show draw photo

If you look close there is only 3 sizes of draws It keeps it simple
    There through dado the guys I have working is super orginazed

Great Work. I have yet to start using the bot to make cabinets, although I have not a whole set since I have started using the bot. Good to hear how useful it is when you start!

Top notch work, Kevin

I agree I would close my shop if I didn't have my Bot!
    You can't go back!

Interested in your drawers also.
    http://www.WoodworkingByErminio.com

Custom Cabinetry, Furniture ,CNC Services
    Email:Wberminio@msn.com
    914-666-8746 Shop/Office

Here are the photos of the drawers; as you can see, they are through dado which I modified from the default setting in cabinet parts pro.
    They are the same cabinet construction as the rest of the cabinets. See the logic? Keep it simple.
    I used full extension only on the large drawers. The reason is the self closing are only rated up to 65 pounds and the full extension are rated for 100 pounds. As you can see, when the drawers are pulled open you don't see any unsightley end grain. I forgot to cover that knot in the photo.
    I have been using Cabinet Parts Pro for just over one year and I thought it was going to be temporary until I saved some money to buy the Shop Bot link. But this is too good of a program and I won't change. I think the Shop Bot link, in my case, would just make the whole process too complicated for nothing. The interior, I am using Silver maple good on one side, I can't get it good on both sides. I offer solid wood on the small drawers. Nobody seems to want to pay the extra money. The big thing is, if you look at my work, I rarely have a drawer under 30". I wouldn't use solid wood on a drawer over 30" because even if it warps a 30 second of an inch, they are not going to work properly.
    For the assembly, we use PL glue, crown staples and when it dries it is indestructable. My employees can put one of those drawers together in less than 10 minutes and under 5 minutes to install a slide. The only thing I didn't calculate in the 2 hours is the hardwood edging - that is the longest part. There is a lot money in drawers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (215.5 KB, 518 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (123.6 KB, 497 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (132.4 KB, 507 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (125.6 KB, 480 views)

http://www.drawerbuilder.com/cd_custom_combos.php

Not sure if you have a outsource shop for drawer boxes in your area but for us it is impossible to beat this price with Blum tandem slides...even with importation they cost installed $60 dlls on average with a lead time of 3-5 days.

Why do you not use edgebanding veneer, pre glued or bander?

Nice work, thanks for posting.
    Vector Studio 22

Kevin:
    FYI Accuride makes self closing full extension with the same weight rating.
    They have had them out for a while. (3832EZC)

Gene making them myself is way cheaper
    Try a kitchen in cabinetparts then add 13 draws depending on the size of the draws ,Try without the draws then add thr draws you'll be suprised how it only a coulp of extra sheets
    I use soild hardwood edging brcause i HATE IRON ON EDGING when it come on done .I use to work at a high end place and thats how we did
    The guys love doing hardwood edging they feel pride. I haveny invrsted in a edge bander
    No acride do not make self closing its blummotion its rated 75 lbs
    http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

It think self closing are a novilty they have a plastic spring whuch will fail sooner or later.I have self closing in my showroom I give people the choice 89 per cent in my area go for ballbearing.I ahve install full extenstion for over 20 years never a phone call there indusructiball. I use Heitch which are way cheaper then Richelieu disruted products .I use to live 3 miles from there main distrubition center in Montreal . i STILL BELEIVE FULL EXTENSTION BALL BEARING ARE SUPIOR