Thread: Dec 2010 US Sign Show in Atlantic City?

Default Dec 2010 US Sign Show in Atlantic City?

Will ShopBot have a booth at the US Signmaker Show in DEC 2010 at Atlantic City?

Is there a posting of coming shows/events where we can find ShopBot posted on this site?

Thanks- much success to all- Andrew

I can't answer your question about a booth for ShopBot, but I would recommend that you check out the educational seminars taught by Dan Sawatzky, from Yarrow, BC, Canada....especially if you are in the sign business.

Dan is one of the "top dogs" in dimensional sign making and will educate and inspire you beyond belief.

Default Coming events page

Andrew,
    Here's a link to the "coming events"page from the Shopbot web site;
    http://www.shopbottools.com/mCompany/upcoming.htm
    It's been a few years since we had a booth at the Atlantic City show, and I have a call into Durham asking if this year is going to be any different.
    In recent years the show has "shrunk" in terms of exhibitors, and attendees, but that's been the same problem with almost any major trade show for awhile...
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Default Thanks for sharing so much on this forum-

I appreciate the updates and event info re: signmaking, and the references to the pros in the field. Right now, I am merely a "reader" of this forum and anything I can find about ShopBots. My interests at this time rest in the HDU signmaking area and hope to one day have the resources to get a shopbot and do the hobbyist thing as I learn more about the skills of the talented creators who so freely share their info of how to do things better with all of us.

The work I've seen produced, through my visits to the forum, are incredible.

Thank you all for sharing, and for your patience with us (newbies).
    Andrew (a retired teacher in NE Florida)

Bill, I have been to that show about 3-4 years running now and I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but in the past, if you would have been there with CNC routers, you'd have been the only company. I can't ever recall seeing a CNC router at that show. So it might be a great place to be where you'll have no competition running right beside you.

In this day and time, I'd think the market for reasonable priced routers would be good.

If you hadn't planned on going, I'm sure it's too late, but I'll report back if anyone is there selling CNC machines.

Edit-I do seem to recall someone being at one, but I don't recall seeing any machines, only a video clip. You could steal the show making dimensional signs on a bot.