Thread: Once Resharpened Compression bits for sale

Thumbs up Once Resharpened Compression bits for sale

Hello everyone,

R&B Tool Supply, Inc. would like to make known that we have excessive inventory in once resharpened 3/8" origional diameter 2+2 compression bits. These are re-sized to .360 -.361 diameters. They have a 1" cutting length with standard up-cut section lengths, not mortise. The carbide material is standard micrograin with 10% cobalt binder. The tools are up sharp by CNC to a 90% clean level give or take.

These bits were once used by Ashley Furniture. Inc. originally made and serviced by R&B Tool Supply, Inc. Ashley now makes and services their own tooling, and as such no longer has need of these bits in this grade of carbide.

We are offering these for the price of the CNC regrinding cost of $13.60 each net with no limit, and NO sales tax. Buy 10 tools and we pay the freight. We have about 300 finished and ready to ship now. We have many more that still need the resharpening . We will be happy to accept back orders until we can get to the regrinding setups once again on the rest. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Keith Beezley
    R&B Tool Supply, Inc.
    www.rbtoolsupply.com
    760-247-7323 Pacific Standard Time.

Keith,

This sounds like a good deal. What's the overall length of the bit? You indicated cutting length of 1".
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

what size shaft do these bits have

Default About the 3/8" once resharpened bits

Hello Everyone,

I should have been more specific about the compression bits. These are a standard size bit that all manufacturers offer. It is R&B Tool Supply, Inc. tool number KRB.375-1 2+2. They are now a .360 diameter X 1"cutting X 3/8" shank diameter X 3" overall length. I inspected some of these and found them in very good shape on the diameters, and those I looked at also had as new end geometry surfaces. Keep in mind these were to be resharpened to meet a diameter spec of .360 regardless if they cleaned up all the way or not. Many will be 100% sharp others maybe a little less percentile perhaps 90%. I have a total of about 3,000 available tools
    under these circumstances. These bits will do well with plywood, and natural wood. Ashley ran these bits in 5/8" OSB plywood at 18,000 RPM and 1,200 to 1,600 inches per minute on big machines. Each bit would last one 8 hour shift. This is strong carbide. I would not use these to run production on mdf or HPL panels. Not so good on abrasive materials.

I should also correct my shipping offer to limit the 10 piece free shipping to the lower 48 States only. I have no idea what it would cost to mail these to other countries. I will look into this however as soon as I can.

Lastly if you call 760-247-7323 I am on extension #4. We also have a toll Free number 877-247-7320. Use the same extensions. As soon as you hear a male voice on the greeting quickly press #4 and you will speed to my phone where you may also leave contact info if I am out. Thanks People!! Keith Beezley.

Default bits

has anyone purchase any of these bits?
    just looking for some feeback
    thanks paul

I have not used the resharpened bits, but have the new bits...they make everything in-house...their new bits were the best I have used to date!!!
    Dick
    Aspire 10.5

Default photo ?

Is there a photo of these and what is the typical cost when new ?
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....