Thread: My First Project

Default My First Project

I have cut out a few other things but this is the first project we have painted and given to the Granddaughter.

It was made entirely of 1/2" mdf (except the back and it is 1/4" MDF). I used a miter folding V bit to fold the table and bench tops to give them a thicker look. Everything is mortised with no nails or screws showing.

We let the girl pick her own colors and as you can see, she likes bright colors. I do too.

This is the kind of thing we had in mind for the bot. I plan to make a few more to give away for Christmas presents to some of the kids at church.

Again any ideas for more stuff like this would be welcome.

JeromeDesk 1.jpg

Desk 2.jpg

Adorable-My office manager is excited about one for her daughter!

Default For Anyone Interested

Forgot to mention this but if anyone wants the eps files for this I will post them. The desk is 100 Percent original so there is no problem with copywrite. I got the idea from a picture but from there it is all my design.

It should be very easy to modify the pocket cuts for different thickness material.

Jerome

I would like to make one of those. I just hung a chalk board on one wall and dryerase board on another in my granddaughters bedroom and she loves playing teacher to her younger sister and this would let them sit together and color. Thanks for your offer, if it is too big to post then email them to me if you would, thank you myxpykalix@hotmail.com

Jack

Here are the EPS Files for the desk.
    Have fun

Kids Desk.zip

Nice job! It is simple, yet practical and looks really good.

Thanks Jerome....

When i view this it looks as though it is approx 24" tall (is that correct?) and 31" wide? And it looks as if it will take a little over half a sheet of mdf? I use .75 thick so i will need to modify the holes.

thanks again...

Jack

The measurements are 24 by 31 but you may want to shorten it depending on the age and size of the child. Mine is 5 1/2 but she is a bit tall for her age. Mine took almost 60 inches of a 49 x 97 sheet of mdf. I used 1/2" hoping to keep the weight down but it's not as heavy as I thought it would be. You are right the pockets would need to be wider for 3/4" material. I plan to make a few more and intend to use 3/4" on the desk and bench ends. This should allow me to make a deeper pocket and will add to the strength without adding too much weight.

Jerome