Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighthouse Vacuum Motor

Default Lighthouse Vacuum Motor

Here is a quick rundown on the lighthouse motor I bought to replace one I had burned up in my Fein Turbo III

Ward said he wasn't sure the motor would work but we chose one that looked like the fein motor. It was $69 shipped and I got it in 3 days. The motor is about 1/2 inch shorter than the original but that didn't create a problem. It works as well and maybe better than the original. It isn't any louder.

I would recommend these motors to anyone needing a new motor for a Fein. With free shipping and no sales tax Lighthouse is about half price of grainger.

Jerome,

Thanks for the update. Great news!

I will be calling Ward on Monday and getting a new motor for my burned out Fein vac.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

thats pretty cheap what are the specs? the granger one is slightly better. for that price I cna't think it is a better motor or more powerful.

Steve

Here is the web address for Lighthouse.

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/lighthouse.htm

They have the specs for each motor. The one I ordered was the LH6336-01

These are Lighthouse brand motors. The one on Grainger sells is the Ametek brand that comes as original equipment on the Fein. For half price I thought I would take a chance.

looks like you loose almost 20 cfms. that's a fair loss. the grainger motor is actually specked out higher then the fien original motor.

I use 4 of the Lighthouse 220vac motors for my vacuum table and they have worked great. With this in mind, using a Lighthouse for a replacement on my Fein sounds like a pretty good bet.
    Don
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

Steve...
    If you look, both Grainger and Lighthouse have models in varying voltages, cfm and vacuum specs. What is important is to get the right motor for the job.

The Fein is a great option when a quiet vac source is needed, but they are definitely underpowered when compared to many other options. Just like a car, its hard to get horsepower without some noise.

When I am shopping vac motors, I prefer to look at the vacuum levels held at 50 and 75 cfm. This is a good average that replicates real world cutting conditions. The charts show that when flowing 50 cfm, the LH 7123 motors like Don and I have, pull 10% more vac than the Fein holds at 0. Thats why we like em.

No matter what the specs, very few of these motors have a rated lifespan of more then 500 hrs. Even tho many of us get much longer life from them, its good to have a source for low cost replacement parts that get delivered fast.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I bought these guys only slightly more then the lighthouse brand
    http://www.blowermotorsplus.com/Sear...arch=117123-00
    wish I found this site sooner they are less then grainger. 139.00 though grainger to me my motor the next day.
    plus I rather not buy from someone that bombards me with their beliefs. that's very unprofessional.
    Last edited by knight_toolworks; 11-27-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Had my first LH 7123 table vacuum motor burn out last Thursday. It was installed September 2009 so I think I got my moneys worth.

Just ordered a new one along with the LH6336-01 to fix my dead Fein Turbo III vac. Looking forward to getting it back to operational state.
    Don
    www.dlwoodworks.com