Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects and Pictures

Default Projects and Pictures

Here's something I just finished... (it's not my design) some of the pieces will be edited further but the majority of the 40 something pieces are done :-)

http://www.difsupply.com/wolf75.jpg

When my sister's dog saw this in the yard, he went absolutely nuts barking and shaking/trembling (ok she's got a wimpy poodle)

Jim S. Guest

Hey Mayo, Cool Wolf. Where might one find the Plans to do such an animal. I would be interested in Other models too. Thanks

Bob Neitzke 360-795-3621, 275 Columbia St Cathlamet WA 98612

Check out ...
    http://www.aboyd.com/dinosaurs/dinowoodkits.html
    http://www.aboyd.com/sealife/sealifewoodkits.html

I bought all the Dinos.
    Someone also has bugs and other wildlife figures.

Scale em up and Bot em out :-)

The plans for these kinds of things don't exist anywhere I know of.

Basically you get an existing kit like Bob mentioned, scan it, trace or vectorize it, and then enlarge it. This takes lots of hours. And you have to keep in mind, on the kits which assemble by putting tabs into slots, when you enlarge everything, the slots become larger than your material thickness. This means manually editing every piece that has a slot.

I would be willing to trade the wolf files for other compatible files. It's designed to use 1/2" particle board or MDF or any material that is really 1/2".

danhamm@abccom.bc.ca Guest

What kind of files would you be interested in Mayo? horses, grizzly's, whales, Dan H

shimpj@bellsouth.net Guest

Can anyone direct me to a web site(s) that make available ready to cut cnc plans?
    thank you - Roy Shimp

greg_oliver Guest

Roy, having just got back from the jamboree on Sunday, I saw a need for some templates to use with the the ShopBot. I have put together a CD of over 100 sign blanks to start out with. You can go to my website and take a look and download a sample file. www.simple-signage.com

syp@earthlink.net Guest

New parts wizzard software!! Whats that?

rusty Guest

Hi all:
    When I purchase my new ShopBot I may have to install & run it in the basement. I can get 4 X 8 ft sheets of whatever into the basement.
    I am asking for some help to let me know all about the dust/debris problems & how I should control them. Would be good to hear from those with the experience of working in the basement. Will have my garage built much later this year.
    Thanks.
    Rusty (from Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
    canquest@shaw.ca

bob buttons Guest

rusty the dust will be a problem no matter what dust collector you have. we have the router in an isolation room to keep the majority of the dust inside and the keep the noise down. all routers are loud when talking about a basement. if you dont contain your shopbot everything in your basment will have a layer of fine dust on it in 2 weeks and will just get worse. at least the isolation room keeps the airborne dust contained. cannot help getting the floor dust from getting out though. we have a 6hp dust collector too which is very powerful and dust still gets out and covers the shopbot with time. hope this helps.