Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Florida Camp Shopbot !

@DaveR so you got Dirty Ernie's catering lunch for this or is drinks at Dirty Ernies afterwards ?

Hey Angus: Ernies is a bit far for lunch but Deweys is only a few blocks.

Default Will be attending Florida SBCamp

Hi Dave,

I enjoyed talking with you and am planning to come to the Florida event.

As I said i am in St Augustine.

Looking forward to meeting you

Dan Bagan
    904-806-6967

Great Dan-Look forward to having you join us.

Default See you at SB Camp Florida

Dave,

Great to talk with you. Put me down for camp.

Dan Bagan
    904-806-6967
    Dan@bagan.me

Default Short Shopbot Training on Friday !!!

For those of you who would like to get away from the latest Winter onslaught we're offering a second day ( Friday Feb 4th) at the Florida Camp, during which Ted Hall will run an abbreviated version of the "official Shopbot training" which you would usually get in Durham, NC
    “A Shortened Version of ShopBot’s Intro CNC Training”- 10:00 am to 3:00pm
    - Training will use examples from ShopBot’s “Starter Projects” as run on a Desktop ShopBot
    o Cutting your first project
    o Understanding the Layout of your ShopBot (home and zeroing X,Y and Z axes)
    o Intro to ShopBot PartWorks CAD/CAM Design software
    o Part Files and Design/Model files (or, why it’s not quite “Click to Print”, yet…)
    o Modifying/customizing one of the sample projects … and re-cutting it (with more details on zeroing/running the CNC)
    o More design: how the project files would be created from scratch
    o How the CNC tools works; and some thoughts tuning and maintenance
    o … more advanced design or software issues depending on time and interests …
    - If you have a laptop with ShopBot Partworks or V-CarvePro running, you may want to bring it along; but we will not orient the discussion to hands on duplication of each step of the instruction (too boring for those who do not bring computers)
    All of the above will take place at Dave's shop, so this is a great chance for people who want to get a first look, OR a quick "review" of how the machines operate. If you can only make one day or the other that's fine, each day will cover separate material, but it's not necessary to attend both sessions.
    Please contact either Dave, or myself to RSVP your seat(s). Thanks!
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

For the Saturday session we have confirmed some great presentations.

Will Sampson, Editor for Cabinetmaking and FDM magazines will be doing a talk. He is highly knowledgeable as well as an entertaining speaker and as the one who handles the shop surveys he has a very good handle on the industry. He is very much a straight talker and we are very fortunate to have him coming.

My old friend and one of the most dynamic people in the industry I know, Jay Davis of Specialty Supplies will give a talk on Hardware trends. Jay not only is their top producer, but is a highly experienced cabinetmaker who still puts in many hours in the shop because he just can't stop.

Kit Hajczewski, who operates her own sign business in New York much of the year and has produced tons of gorgeous work on her Shop-bot with Artcam Software will do a presentation with a couple of sign samples that she has down here, where she spends much of the winter and contracts her services out to local sign companies.

I have been asked to go over my PRT upgrade program, which is still a work in progress. I will share a bit of the thought processes that went into the direction I decided to go and a few of the mis-steps and challenges along the way. It gave me a great appreciation for the development challenges that have faced Ted and all at Shop-bot over the years as they have so improved the tooling from the original PR to the so much more robust and commercially functional machine it is today.

There will be more on cabinet making, software, the Bot as a construction tool, and how to use your Bot for some fun things aside from day to day business.

Updates on the 100K garages program will be part of Bill Youngs talk.

For those of you who have never attended a camp before, they are typically a combination of pre-set agenda items and a free flow of subjects that can be unpredicatable and spontaneous but always entertaining and educational. Bring something for show and tell if you can. With so many different things being done with the Bots, what ever you do is bound to be new and interesting to someone else.

It's only a few weeks now so let Bill and/or I know, if you haven't already, if you plan on attending. If you are not sure until the last moment, don't worry about it though. All are always welcome.

And again, if there is something you wish to learn about or share, be sure to let us know so we can do our best to make it part of the day.

Dave

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

Dave,

sounds great - are you planning an 8 or 9 am start time? thanks Don

Default Camp schedule

Don,
    We try to start off all of the Camps with an 8-9AM "coffee/donut session".
    The actual Saturday "agenda"starts about 9AM and runs until roughly 4PM ( depending on number of attendees, etc.) with a Shopbot sponsored lunch around mid day.
    The Friday CNC training will have their coffee/donut session at 9AM, and the training runs from 10-3
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Well it looks like I'll be coming. The plan is to leave NJ early Wednesday and drive straight through to Orlando to pick up my Bot from Jorge. Then head to West Palm for the night. See you guys Friday morn.