Thread: Easy, cheap and effective software

Default Easy, cheap and effective software

I just wanted to pass along a recommendation for a supremely easy program for website creation.
    Its called Visual Site Designer by an outfit called CoffeeCup Software.
    Its' aimed at the webpage neophyte, and it is a very easy to use WYSIWYG program thats' pretty much drag and drop.
    If you can work with Corel or Adobe, you'll have no problem with this software.
    Once you buy the program, its' updatable for life, you can add onto it as your needs progress and there is an outstanding user forum just like this one.
    I'm, not affiliated with CoffeeCup, just very impressed by what they offer at a very reasonable price.
    I don't have a business website, as I work for somebody else but I have created sites for a couple of my boats, my latest is www.grandbanks42.com - Boyd

Nice resource

Thanks
    http://www.WoodworkingByErminio.com

Custom Cabinetry, Furniture ,CNC Services
    Email:Wberminio@msn.com
    914-666-8746 Shop/Office

I have used CoffeeCup software before.. its very good stuff. I bought a bundle of programs from them several years ago, mostly for FTP software which I have used plenty. There is no affiliation with them either with me, I am just a happy customer.

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

Default Here's my latest

Created with Coffeecup Visual Site Designer and Coffeecup PHOTO gallery.
    This is my new business website www.stagecraftfilm.com

Boyd,

The website looks great. Just be sure to take a look at it on a mobile device. I do like the Coffecup software, but did notice that the photo galleries (when I used them a while back) were 'flash' based and wouldn't display on Ipods, Ipads, etc. Also some of my fonts got jumbled as well, though I'd guess that wasn't the fault of the software.

All in all, it is great software, and very easy to use.

Nat
    Nat Wheatley
    Plymouth Custom Closets
    www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Boyd, please tell Darryl Schwanke I think that's a beautiful photo of your ship.
    Harold

Let me DROP EVERYTHING and work on YOUR job!!

Thanks Nat and Harold.
    Yes the flash thing is an issue on mobile devices, I do know that CoffeeCup is due to release a major free upgrade to their photo gallery program very soon, perhaps this will be addressed.
    Harold, Darryl is a drywaller by trade but has the heart of an artist.
    The picture shown on the welcome page of our boat's site (www.grandbanks42.com) won him first place in the Pacific Yachting Magazine photo contest.
    I wish I could say that our picture was exceptional but it's actually fairly typical of Darryl's work, he's a very talented guy with a great eye for composition! - Boyd
    BTW - The boat is collecting cobwebs right now, getting the renos done for the new shop is taking up every waking moment of evenings and weekends and about twice as long as I'd anticipated.

software downloading is not a issue A very good site for every kind of software, any software you can download is free https://en.softonic.com/

I tried all of the websites in this thread and none of them loaded. They have various hosting errors.

For what it's worth Flash is a totally dead technology and should never be used. Almost all modern web browsers either don't have it, or actively block it.

Quote Originally Posted by EricSchimel View Post
    I tried all of the websites in this thread and none of them loaded. They have various hosting errors.

For what it's worth Flash is a totally dead technology and should never be used. Almost all modern web browsers either don't have it, or actively block it.

Same thing here Eric. Every link came up dead.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.