Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I add my own textures?

Default Can I add my own textures?

I am trying to save images of woods that I use (Mesquite, Apple, Osage orange) for previewing. I am saving them to the following folder, but am not seeing them as available to use.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\Previewer\Textures\1_Wood

I have saved the images as the same DPI and pixel count as the stock ones in that folder. I have restarted the program and even rebooted the computer.

Anyone have any insight here?

Steve

Steve,

You can add your own textures but need to find the correct folder on your hard drive.

The folder that you list is for the Previewer in the ShopBot control software and has nothing to do with Partworks.

Since you posted this in the Partworks section, I guess you are referring to the Toolpath Preview feature in Partworks?

If this is the case, the folder you need could be in a couple of different locations depending on the version of Windows you are using and the version of Partworks. Let us know what you have and someone can direct you to the correct folder location.

Tim

Ahhhhhhh…. A light bulb clicks… Yes, I’m referring to Partworks version 3. The images looked like the textures available in Partworks and I assumed that they were installed here. I’m using windows 7

Steve

If you look on the File menu within PartWorks 3 you should see an item called "Open Application Data Folder". Click on that and you'll get a window appear.

The folder you're looking for is called BitmapTextures. You can add your new ones into the relevant section within that.

Tim, Adrian:

Thanks for responding…. I’m still having issues. I’m unable to find the directories mentioned in Adrian’s post. Partworks 3.0 was installed as an upgrade to Partworks 2.5. Partworks 2.5 appears to have been installed under the ShopBot directory, while Partworks 3.0 is not. A search for “Open Application Data Folder” came up empty. I’ve attached two screen captures of my directory structure.

Thanks for any help
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve,

Brian (Vectric) has written a very good PDF document on replacing custom Post Processors. This can help you also since the post processor and bitmap textures sub-folders are located in the same folder. So if you can follow Brian's instructions based on your version of windows and version of Partworks (V-Carve Pro) you should be able to find the folder you need.

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10018

In case you don't know the versions: Partworks 2.5 = VCP 5.5 and Partworks 3.0 = VCP 6.0.

Tim

"open Application Data Folder" is a command in Partworks. What Adrian means is to open partworks-Go to the file dropdown at the top left corner of the screen and select "Open Application......." Then you should get a window that shows folders including the Bitmap Texture folder the program currently recognizes as the correct one.

Got it!!
    Thanks all

Steve

Thanks all. saw Ron post about he does Burls so he can see what it will look like in preview, then got lost until I found this thread. Much better than importing a bitmap and just overlaying it. Learn something(in my case a lot) everyday.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Totally aggree Scot. This forum is better than any encyclopedia!
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer