Thread: Flyers and Business Cards

Default Flyers and Business Cards

I thought I'd share my business card and my new flyer.

I'm not a graphic artist, and I don't have the budget to hire a graphic artist to do the design work on these. I did all the design work and layout in Corel Draw myself.

The main purpose of my flyer is to generate enough interest in a potential customer to get them to:
    1. Ponder a sign idea or two.
    2. Visit my website.
    3. Send me an email or call to get more information or a price quote.
    4. Think of a friend or relative that they could give my flyer to.

I don't give too much information in the flyer. Really, this can bore a lot of people. A picture is worth 1,000 words.

I live in an area where there are tons of Lake Homes, Cabins, RV Parks and Resorts. Many of the local businesses have information centers for tourist information (flyers for local attractions and businesses, etc...). I've been placing my flyers in available slots in the racks. A lot of other businesses have bulletin boards in their entry ways to pin up some flyers or some business cards. I've always got some of both with me.

I ordered both of these through my parent's business. They have a great source at a super reasonable price. I'm not going to put their contact information here. If you have a need, PM me and I'll get you the information.

The quality of my photography needs help. But, you get the idea.

Anyways... here they are. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

Nice job Eric. Your signs are so cool. I live in a similar area in Washington state and am thinking of seriously expanding my business into the sign area.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Nicely done. That should generate some business for you.
    Vector Studio 22

Default Scan it...

Scan it to a PDF or a jpg and the e-mail postage is free....
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Eric,

Thanks for posting your advertising ideas.

Your product diserves lots of attention and it may take several different approaches to hit pay dirt. Since we all have routers, I'd like to suggest it takes some kind of advertising to make them pay off.

I look forward to seeing how this works. I'm sure it will be a success.

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com

I think there is a large market for signs like this. They are certainly nicer than Vinyl stuck to coroplast, or MDO. People seem to recognize the value, especially when they realize they are affordable.

If it pertains to your area, they are also a "green product" made from a renewable resource.
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Eric
    Thanks for posting and explaining your process. I live on the Missouri out side of Great Falls and I get several requests for this type of sign through out the year. I will confess that I have started to use several of your suggestions on the process and have made much nicer signs. Doubt if I'll ever get to your point and skill but it sure added a couple of happy customers for me. I like your advertising - seems to explain what you do very well.
    Thanks
    Butch
    Butch

I like it though it isn't my taste (I'm more of the abstract arty-farty type). Yours is easy to read, straight to the point and shows exactly what you do. Lot's of samples. You can't ask for more! Well done.

I'm getting in to personalised signs as well though mainly because they are fun to do and you are usually working with smaller pieces - a nice change from lugging around recycled hardwood boards. :0)