Thread: few CPP questions on base cabinets

Default few CPP questions on base cabinets

I have been looking at base cabinets in Cabinet Parts Pro and a few questions came up. I'm not a cabinet maker, so I am not well versed on all the ins and outs of cabinets.

1. For cabinet type, you have the options of "Base" and "Full Base". I have created virtual samples of each. What is the difference?
    2. For a "sink base", the CPP preview shows two empty sets of dadoes. One is vertical at the front of the cabinet and near the top. The other is horizontal at the back of the cabinet and near the top. What are these empty dadoes used for or am I missing a setting?
    3. On the "Drawer Cabinet Style" drop down you have the choice between "Vanity", "Desk", and "Base". I can't tell what these settings are doing to the drawer base cabinet features. What do these change?

Thanks.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Hi
    The difference in a full base and a base is the full does not have a drawer and the base does.
    The base,vanity and desk are different sizes and depths
    the sink base the verticle dado at the front is for a stretcher to mount the false front to and the back is for another stretcher.
    Hope this helps and i am sure when Ryan sees this he will answer as well

Thanks Gene, that helps. The thing that is still confusing me about the sink base is that it only creates one stretcher when you nest it. In the 3D preview it also shows only one stretcher and it is not in the correct place.

I keep having problems with the 3D viewer anyway. 50% of the time it locks up and kicks me out of the program with a run time error. Maybe Ryan can help on this.

I am sure he can. Did you go thru and set up the way each cabinet is made? There is a box to check that will give the extra stretchers to be made . to find it select base under tools select top stretcher and set the # of stretchers you need . check the box if you want a stretcher between each drawer . Hope this helps

Gene, thanks. I found the setting you talked about for the stretchers. I did have it set to only one. I now get two stretchers, but the one in front is still turned 90 degrees wrong in the 3D view.

I am also having trouble with my back and rear stretcher interfering with each other. I am doing a base cabinet with the back dadoed into the sides with an overlay top and bottom. The top stretcher is coming out flush to what would be the kitchen wall. This causes the stretcher to interfere with the back. In my mind, the stretcher should be set away from the wall to make room for the back with the settings I selected.

The sink base cabinet type will place the front stretcher vertical as a skirt to hide the sink or to attach a false front to. If you nest the cabinet you will see the dado is rotated. The 3D viewer is used to get a general idea of what the cabinet is going to look like. The best way to audit the parts is after nesting. If you over your mouse over any of the parts it will display the part name and size.

The difference in a full base and a base is the full base does not add drawer holes.
    The Drawer Cabinet Style is used to set the height locations for the drawer holes. They are set up by default to use the locations based on Blums 32mm system. I will be working on some updated videos this week and will get one explaining the drawer styles.

I hope this helps. If you have any question please email me at info@cabinetpartspro.com

On a sink base the front stretcher is suppost to be verticle so it dont hit the sink bowl. If you want it to be the other way horizontal , then select a base cab, uncheck the drill shelf holes and you have a cab that will have 2 horizontal stretchers. This way you can add a tilt front if you desire