Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6' Eiffel Tower made by high school student

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

Does she need a job lol.
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

Tremendous work. Students never cease to amaze me.

Default Update!

Well she finished the project! Here is the completed tower in all its glory:
    Attached Images Attached Images

A picture at "night".

An encore comment-A great talent there and a big tip of the hat to the instructor. Obviously inspiring his students.

Does she know that a cleaned up file that has been debugged for that model has retail value? Russ

Default Update! Now with "bling"!

UPDATE: Let's just say, she did very well at competition! 1st in Construction-Structures and 2nd Best of Show overall! She was very proud! As she should be! Here is a message I sent out to our other buildings in the district:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment and share with you some of the success your former students experienced this past weekend. The students below competed at the annual Spring Conference for OTEEA. It is the highest level of competition that the Technology Education students can face. Fifteen pieces competed in the audio/video category and one young lady competed in the construction category. Our video students took both the 1st and 2nd place awards for that category and the young lady took 1st in her category in construction. Each category was part of a larger concentration area.

_____________ took Best of Show out of 121 entries in the computer generated category. ________________ took the runner up Best of Show out of 68 entries in the construction category. There were 16 total Best of Show and Best of Show runner ups and the kids took home two of them. They both were also selected as featured pieces for display at the Technology Education area at the Ohio State Fair this Summer. It was a banner day for London City Schools in our first year of competition!

Here is a little description of what they did:

Video: Students were asked to submit their favorite piece from this year. 13 of the 15 pieces placed in the top 25% of the audio/video area.

Construction: ______________ made her Eiffel Tower using our CNC machine. She used the computer to design the structure, told the computer how to cut it, cut the parts out, and completed the final construction and painting of the project. It was truly an impressive feat of intelligence and follow through. (There was not another CNC'd project even brought to the competition. She could have been placed in the computer category along side the video students, but I did not want them to be in direct competition.)

I hope you recognize some of these students as students you may have had. Even if you did not have them in class, I hope you receive this news as a show of appreciation for all that you do for our students. I hope you have an opportunity to visit the high school during the Fine Arts Festival, April 16th, and see what our students are doing with the inspiration you have given them. Thanks again and know we do appreciate your efforts!

Sincerely,
    Ben McCoy
    London High School
    Technology Education

P.S. On a side note, I hope you see that five of the eight participants are females! (It's not the same shop class you remember. Please keep showing those young ladies that they can accomplish anything they put their minds too!)

Thats excellent!

An other great job Ben. Man I miss teaching CNC !