Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help getting from ProE to .sbp

Brad - Thanks for the feedback on ProE. I'm using Wildfire4.

I think one of the issues with this job is the Shopbotter I am working with is really swamped right now with other customers. He is trying to get me to do some of the upfront work on the dxf (partly to save me some setup $$ - which I don't mind at all) so that he can avoid the time to do the setup work. I just don't have the knowledge or software required to get it done. I may need to see if he can just do the work and charge me for it or find another Shopbotter.

I used Corel's smart fill tool and redid your file. There's a zip file with the .eps and vcarve files in it here:

www.robtown.com/sbTest/sbTest.zip

I can also send a Corel (X5) file as well. Corel also exports to Illustrator, but it's dodgy.

It's up to you to verify that it's all correct before using... I did not do toolpaths, that would take an additional couple of minutes. Plus, I'd need to know machine particulars and material specs.

Rob W,

Thanks for your help but I don't really have anything to open these files with. I may try the evaluation of VCarve tonight - if so I'll open the file and take a look.

Is VCarve what Shopbot uses for importing files and generating the toolpaths? What about PartWorks?