Thread: My first Guitar

Default My first Guitar

I reworked the shape some from suggestions I got from a couple people on the first one I posted on Scott's thread (My latest Guitar) and also, just for the heck of it, changed the relief previewer to a wood tone. This project promises to be almost as long as upgrading my PRT and also comes under the category of fun things to do in spare time. Still not sure I'm done but the scoops next to the neck look a lot better. The transition from convex curve to concave on the right side doesn't look quite right to me. I think it needs to start closer to the horn.

For you guys who already know something about this I plan on using a Floyd Rose original license Trem from Schaller and Humbucker pick-ups (Seymour Duncan '59 pair). I've been told it's a good classic rock and blues sound. Scale length will be 25" and it will be a 24 fret neck.
    All comments including suggestions welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dave, I have to warn you: this is an addiction. Building musical instruments with a SB starts innocently enough. Just one you think. Then its another. Next thing you know you will have to improve on your last one. Better you think. Just one more. Just one.

Soon you will be playing music with people whose real names you will never know. They go by various pseudonyms to hide their identity. Whole nights will go by with no notice of the time. People who have not experienced this will not understand. And they will crowd around you to try your axe. You will try theirs. You will feel a state of euphoria.

This effect lasts for years.

Turn back now!

I have warned you.

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

Default Banjos are Next

Since I pick the banjo- I have been watching the thread with anticipation. I would love to make my own custom banjo neck and my own head stock... and a one-off, custom rim.... which would require a a large indexer....

Oooooo this is gonna COST me.... and I like it!

Monty

Dana:
    That's not a warning-it's a challenge!
    I still can picture in my mind's eye your guitar that you brought to Gary's a few years ago! I expect it will be some time before I have the c-----s to try acoustic!!
    Go for it Monty-you have nothing to lose but your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeth View Post
    Dana:
    That's not a warning-it's a challenge!
    I still can picture in my mind's eye your guitar that you brought to Gary's a few years ago! I expect it will be some time before I have the c-----s to try acoustic!!
    Go for it Monty-you have nothing to lose but your sanity.
    Dave,

Cant wait to see a finished body!!

Scott...
    http://www.rmgvideos.com/