Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: slides and hinges

Default slides and hinges

I have a hard time programming door hinge plate screw holes and also for drawer slides. Does e cabs have options for different slides.
    when I make a base cab they in the same place. when i make differens size drawers in drawer base I have no idea how to figure out the holes making drawe sizes to customers request.
    getting ready to take the e cabs leap very soon.
    Thanks all for any advice.

Dave...
    Using eCabs Hardware editor you can generate virtually any hole pattern there is. You also have full control over its location in relation to the drawer bottom. You also have the ability to have 2 "default" slides for the same cabinet. One for the door/drawer editor, and another for the drawer box editor. The DB editor allows you to place draws behind doors, such as pantry roll outs.

Another nice feature is that your draw box cut sizes will be on the cut list. Once you set up your hardware hole pattern(s) and enter your draw clearance parameters, you dont have to look at them again.... unless you change parameters.

Make the leap... there is a learning curve, but it worth it.

Besides, we havent had any newbies to pick on in this section for a while!!
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

ha ha, Gary, I just downloaded the trial and have no sheet goods in the list and cant find how to import sheet goods. pick away.

David..

Settings/Preferences>
    Define Materials>
    Sheet Goods from drop list
    ENter your desired settings in each field.

Or open a few cabinets from the free libraries and your list will propagate with those materials you can edit to make others.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

if I purchase link and down load onto home computer can I get it on to the shop comp? I have no anti virus on shop p.c. hate hooking to internet.

Dave...
    Yes. Dowload and save to a known location. Install on Home computer. Save to flash drive to install on shop computer. I do the same. Shop Computer has never seen the internet.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Dave...
    If you want to get up to speed with eCabs faster, sign on for the training videos. I think they are down to around $25 per month. Cancel when you like. A lot less than the $900+ a year it used to be.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Just thought I'd put in a blatant plug here.

For a modest fee of $25 per month, we do offer Online Video Tutorials that would answer many of these questions in a short video clip. The interface lets you do searches and even download the video. All the videos are encrypted, so they expire at the end of each monthly period. We've made it pretty easy. When you sign up, the payments are made by recurring payments through PayPal. Whenever you're done watching videos, you can send us an email or make a call to cancel the recurring payments.

Fairly painless and if you're a glutten for punishment or have a lot of time on your hands, you could foreseeably see all of the videos within a month. There are approximately 30 hours of video. Bear in mind that I'm intermittently adding videos that may contain information about techniques or applications or present information about software updates.

You can go to this website. www.thermwood.com/ecabinetsystemstrainingcenter

On the website, you'd create a video account. After you submit your info for that it'll take you to PayPal to setup payment. After you submit that, it'll return you back to the video screen and you can start watching them.

The videos are organized by a Table of Contents called Categories, so should be helpful in finding what you want. The videos are intended to be watched in sequence, so if you just pick and choose, you might be missing some of the methods previously presented.

There is a category called "Cabinet and Assembly Editor". There will be videos in that category that would help you with your current questions.

Later,
    Dennis Englert
    Manager of Product Training
    Thermwood Corporation

Talking I'll be the newbee today

I am going to purchase a 48-60 std very soon, do to Shop Bot having an e-cab link, just trying to get all the Legal stuff covered prior to starting my business.
    I found and have been playing with the e-cab for 1+ years now and am still amazed by it everyday and yes still a newbee there too! As for help look at Thermwoods site and the forums there. Dan has been a Great help to me. Yes there is a learing curve, but it is worth the time investment.

Cheers
    Neal Meyers Jr
    White Ga.

Neal...
    Welcome to this forum. I am hoping that your post includes a typo. That would be in the machine size that you posted. In order to get anywhere near the full value of the eCabs/SB Link/ShopBot combo, I would recommend a minimum of a 48 by 96 machine.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein