Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: slides and hinges

Default TYpo

yEs it waz 48x96. Believe I posted that the day I worked until midnight the night before and was back on the road by 04:00 the next morning.

So this probable not the area to post this but I have been told there was no fish in the pond but I fished in it anyway.

I am looking at the PrStd 48x96 with a single phase 2.2 hp spindle, indexer, and the ecab link. My much delayed question is, besides the starter bits what would be some recommended bits to purchase in addition to these. What is the minimum size bit that can be used slow speed I am assuming.
    Also can ecabs drill adjustable shelf holes with a end cutter instead of using the air drill option. (ie 1/16 inch bit to cut a center hole and then cut to the outside edge.)

Neal...
    Many SB Link users use either a 5mm or 1/4" compression cutter as a single bit strategy. So, to answer your question, yes, but the slow speeds required by a bit as small as a 1/16 would negate any time savings gained by using a CNC. Using a bit that is the size of the shelf pin or system holes and is configured to also to outline and dado cutting is fairly common.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Gary
    Thanks for the response. I had thought of the single bit but was not sure if it would cut the pocket too large. Hoping to order my machine mid April. Talking to bankers and lawyers now.

I liked your vacuum system going to reread it and start collecting the motors and such to build my own table for the machine.
    Thank You Neal

Default purchased e cabs

Finally purchased e cabs. Going to purchase the video training and have at it.
    Thanks for the input..... Gary be ready for the newbie you were wanting to pick on.....I will give you more than enough ammunition.
    Dave

David...
    We are all standing by.... Welcome to the club!
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I downloaded the shop bot link. there is no material listed. I cannot find any software. I try to download and wants e cabinets customer number. cannot find that following the instructions.
    I can't even get started with the basics. I think I may have wasted my money.

David:
    Have you gotten the (free) e-cabinets software? That is where all the design work is done. The link is used as the cam part to use the output from e-cabinets to run your bot. Go here: http://ecabinetsystems.com/ and click on join eCabinet Systems. After that peruse the rest of the site. Much is explained there. You have probably not wasted your money. It is much too early in the game to decide that. They will send you the disc (or maybe just a download link-it changes periodically) as well as a member number. The design software is not completely intuitive. How you use it will depend on want you want to do. Some simply enter cabinets in batch list form or spreadsheet and some actually do dimensional room designs. The first part of your curve will be creating your library for your shop and how you build cabinets. The training videos for e-cab are very good for that. Garys video (haven't seen it myself but knowing Gary.....) is on the actual use of the link once you are ready to cut. There are also free libraries of cabinets that you can download and either use as is or modify and save as your own. All cabinet software has a pretty steep learning curve at first and e-cab is no exception.

David.....
    1st you must email eCabinets and request a registration code.
    2nd once you have code, install eCabinets and begin the design process. The video Training series from Thermwood will cut the learning process immensly.
    3rd Once you have some machineable cabinets, then you can cut them on the SB using the SB Link. Which is a dongle for your control computer. The software is a free download from the Thermwood site. You can use it and look it over, but until you have designed at least one cabinet and processed it into a job (TWD) file, there will be nothing there. It will/should be a few weeks before you are ready for cutting.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Kerry Fullington Custom Cabinet, Dalhart Texas

David,

eCabinet Systems does not ship the software on disks anymore unless you make a special request. Here is a link to the download page to get Version 6 Build 6.
    http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabi...ms_updates.htm

After you install the software you will need the registration code Gary mentioned. I think there should have been a code in one of your emails.

Kerry

got the software. Come to find out I was registered with a different e mail prior to owning a cnc.
    trying to get the computer to play the video's. I am running windows vista. It doesn't want me to do anything on here.
    Thanks and I will be back soon,,,lol.
    Dave