Thread: Values-Units and JOG vs. MOVE

Question Values-Units and JOG vs. MOVE

I have discovered a VU (Units Value) issue that has me perplexed. The PRTalpha 9660 I recently bought seemed to have inaccurate movement so I played with the VU number to dial it in. After crashing into the stops a few times, I discovered that it JOGs and MOVEs at different rates. I have searched the manuals and here on the Forum for more information and have not found an explanation yet.

The tracks are square and clean, and X & Y roll smoothly without binding. The overhead dust collector hose has minimal pull on the spindle. Testing included a 100 inch jog at 8"/second and return back to 0,0. I then set the move speed to 8" second and did the same 100 inch move out and back to home. The spindle center went about 70 inches and then home. There speed for the move is not at the same rate as the jog. Motors sound different too.

Any idea what's going on? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Marcel:

I have experienced similar issues with the Z axis when the “Resolution Multiple” setting is incorrect. Check that this is correct for your machine. Remember, all machines are not created equal. When I have reloaded software on a new computer, this issue creeps up on me due to my 10:1 gear reduction on my 12” Z axis

Steve