Thread: PC tool changer (midwest rapid tool)

Default PC tool changer (midwest rapid tool)

Just FYI, I am still running strong with my MRT modified porter cable router. It has been almost two years of pretty consistent usage and it seems to be running strong!!! It has been well worth the price and really speeds up my production. I did a fair amount of custom programming to make it work specifically for my tasks but I would think that for general users, it wouldn't take much to get up and running. ATC in general is one more thing to go wrong, and to think about when programming files... but if you are willing to take the time to optimize your workflow, it can make a world of difference!

How many guys here use this mod? It sounds nice but having to live with the draw backs of a PC router might be too much.

Greg - Does your Z zero positions stay pretty true from one tool to another?

You also need to send me a snowboard to demo for you next winter I can represent you down here in the Southeast.

Zero stays pretty true, but I have the machine zero itself periodically. It also performs a relative zero at each jig since the table and jigs vary the most with heat/humidity.

The nice thing about the PC is that there is no warmup and you can turn it on/off at a moments notice. It is loud and not as powerful as a spindle, but it works just great for us. If we were doing 3/4" plywood all day it would be a different story, but we cut are profiling 1cm thick wood and cutting 1mm plastic...

We definitely need to get into that Southeast market!!

Default r u still on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by team08 View Post
    Just FYI, I am still running strong with my MRT modified porter cable router. It has been almost two years of pretty consistent usage and it seems to be running strong!!! It has been well worth the price and really speeds up my production. I did a fair amount of custom programming to make it work specifically for my tasks but I would think that for general users, it wouldn't take much to get up and running. ATC in general is one more thing to go wrong, and to think about when programming files... but if you are willing to take the time to optimize your workflow, it can make a world of difference!
    team08,
    I have bought a midwestrapidtool toolchanger & have some programing
    questions,,,if u r still on this forum,,
    thanks Bryan