Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kd work

Thanks for the compliments
    Joe I don't know if I get rich .But I hope I'am changled

Jack It take 2 days to install .To build about few days .Whats long is the spraying .I'am going to be vague on building expernice size of shop etc etc,

I;ve encolsed rendering this rendering was done in kitchen draw .I know how to do it .But I back off I try to promise less and delever more

There where designer being sue over the drawing because the client said it looks better in the drawing colors where different etc

Gary i THINK correction I know that Architects desing furniture and or built ins is the death of cabinet makers.The reson there stuff is so stale theres no passion .When I used to work in aircraft it was all the same just different wood .This was done with a high priced team .It was boring
    Designer not so bad they listen
    I.ve done commerical work in my area and Montreal all I did was clean up there mistakes
    I know Franlk Loyd Wright one in a million

Thats why I love sign there are no so called experts designing .Just the guy building you see the passion come through.Look at Joes work

Just my 2 cents I think cabinet making shop are going the way of the polar bear in a lot of areas .Look at most big mill shops owned by bussiness people looking for a quick buck.I know there is the execption
    sorry for any typos
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kevin:
    I have another word for the commercial casework we (as in me and the men in my shop) earn our living from.
    BORING!
    This has been a big part of the reason why I have been getting personally involved in some things like the guitar project, updating my Bot and a couple others I haven't mentioned on the forum. Fun.
    As far as making the big bucks in this end-forget it!. In my area 3 shops a week are closing down and pricing, since awards are 100% bid driven with almost no consideration to ability or knowledge of the needs of the end-user profits do what my table hold down vacuum does.

Beautiful work. Always nice to see what other shops are producing.
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

Sorry JackI didn.t answer your queation Steven sent me the files and I turned them on my new indexer

I highly recomend Steven I can't coment on the price I paid .just say I was happy and it was reasonably

Dave I could tell stories .Thats why I do residental its more creative

Thanks Micheal for compliment

Kevin....
    I have been fortunate to have completed a number of projects for very accomplished Architects. Luckily, I havent run into the problems that you decribe. I usually submit a shop drawing that shows my methodology, if different than drawn. I have yet to have them not be approved.

Submitting shop drawings that meet or exceed the AWI specs usually insures AIA approval.

One person corrections could be anothers "revisions"
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Gary

As I said not all Architects .I.am finding my comfort zone .In my area you bid throught a gerenal contractor (MOST ARE SCUM BAGS) suppled by an Architects
    What you find out is no one takes respobilite for the job .All delay are the cabinet shop fault .They have put a lot of shop out of bussiness due delay payment hold backs etc.
    There need to be a standard al across North america .The industry is to divied on stanards .Example dowel vs dadoo .Its not a level playing filed .Chinnese cabinets what kind of glue are they using ? My point if nothing is done small cabinet shop will die off the same as indepent gas stations.

I'am fortune enough I have a good location so a lot of walk in traffic I can be a little picky

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas...ification.html
    I read this artical very good

My advise to newbie doing comerical take lots of photo and video ,log book Get all cabinets on delevey sign .Protect your ass .Make 2 invoices one for delevey and for install