Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspire 3v Modeling Module

Default Aspire 3v Modeling Module

Looking for info on the latest / greatest Aspire modeling module. Does anyone have a link to the modeling tutorial?
    Their current site link does not have a tutorial. I am interested in learning more about specifics of this new module.
    Last edited by Flite-Metal; 04-08-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Vectric.com > Training > Aspire > Tutorials
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Default Missing Tutorial....Modeling

Quote Originally Posted by islaww View Post
    Vectric.com > Training > Aspire > Tutorials
    Gary,

I know it may sound weird, but after viewing all the modules and finding none of them address the announced new
    modeling attributes
    of 3v...I came to this forum to ask...and you send me back to the tutorial where there is nothing.

I reference the following announcement:

What's New in Aspire v3 : Aspire v3 includes major new functionality and extensive enhancements in every
    area of the CNC design, modeling and machining process. With more than 30 hours of video tutorials included as
    standard, to take you step-by-step from first principles to advanced techniques – CNC modeling and machining
    has never been more accessible.

Aspire's custom built CNC modeling engine has undergone a dramatic transformation. Its unique 3D Component
    modeling process is now even simpler, while continuing to extend the power and range of what is already one of
    the most powerful CNC modeling toolsets in the industry.

The new component, creation, editing and management tools are now accessible from Aspire v3's dedicated
    modeling tab
    – click here for more information. (nothing in the way of features and benefit though it was
    inferred in the graphic with the P-51 that there were new lofting tools present...

Aspire Drawing tools have been complemented with the latest support for 3rd party CAD files, improved layer
    management and the ability to flex and bend vector shapes and text using the new Distort Objects tool
    . All
    of which has been reviewed in the original 3.v tutorial...which has nothing on modeling.

Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Default Tutorial Has No Modeling Example

The above is a graphic Vectric has placed as an illustration of modeling utility within their site. What it infers is a
    utility other than a rail sweep with which to achieve conversion of 2D drawings into 3D with which to mill.

Perhaps there is something I overlooked, however after reviewing all of the tutorials "again', there is nothing which
    explains nor even hints as a detail of the above modeling illustration shown on their site.

Typically in a modeling upscaling of 2D drawings there would be an auto trace/trace routine then file conversion to
    vector file for further use in the rail sweep process of rendering the to be milled file. Is there such a tutorial...which
    is described by Vectric's web site?

All inferences and graphics related to the inferences are here:
    http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...w_overview.htm

I anticipated something that would permit me to bring these into Aspire to create cut paths for what was desired.
    Last edited by Flite-Metal; 04-08-2011 at 11:48 PM.

IF you have specific questions concerning Vectric Software, conventional logic would be to ask them on the Vectric Forum. http://www.vectric.com/forum/

There are many extremely knowledgeable people there. If you have a machining question pertaining to a ShopBot, this would be the place to post the question.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Default 3v. Inquiry

Yes,

I have asked the Brits and was led to what I shared with you. That is why, given the hour it is...,I thought someone Stateside
    might have a copy of 3v. and might possibly be able to address my inquiry.

If you didn't know, it would have been better to have said so. Considering the amount of energy expended in leading me right
    back to where I started. I understand unless there is an explicit need for this attribute those who already utilize CAD/CAM are
    not typically going to understand its value to those in the scale modeling community.

Thank you for your extremely valuable time.

Hi Ed,
    I interpret the AirCraft image you posted as per attached comments. I think the 3D model is not made in Aspire but it is imported in Aspire and a relief is prepared. Again to my consideration the ASPIRE is not a 3D modeling (360 degree) software, it can only make 3D relief and machining strategies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by khalid; 04-09-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    I left woodwork due to office work.

Hi,

The aircraft model is a low relief constructed from the photographic image shown below it in the illustration. It is not a full 3d model, this example was first demonstrated at the Vectric user group last year and all the videos and files are on the Aspire DVD showing how to do every step to get from the photo to the finished 'LOW RELIEF' model.

The 30 hours of Video which come with Aspire 3 are not all online. We had to go to 2 DVD's for the Aspire 3 release to hold all the video content. The videos we post online are at a lower resolution and are a selection of the introductory videos, intended to help people evaluate the trial version to ensure it is suitable for their needs. The more advanced tutorials are only available on the DVD.

Brian

Default Low Relief Rendering

Quote Originally Posted by brian_moran View Post
    Hi,

The aircraft model is a low relief constructed from the photographic image shown below it in the illustration. It is not a full 3d
    model, this example was first demonstrated at the Vectric user group last year and all the videos and files are on the Aspire
    DVD showing how to do every step to get from the photo to the finished 'LOW RELIEF' model. Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your quick reply. I came to this forum in hope that someone had observed this functionality within 3v since I
    did not find it in any of the tutorials. I will communicate with you through your normal email pathway for the balance of my
    comments.

Ed